Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the fatboy saved harley?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007 | 10:21 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: the fatboy saved harley?

ORIGINAL: purple haze

Also big men like your self like to fight dog's ,what rock did you crawl out from under? This post was for FAT BOY"S go to scum bag night train site, oh that's right , I never see night train site's , except in the for sale section. why don't you go and watch some mistreated dog's kill each other big man.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/F61B4716F206415A896AEE5824776B6A.jpg[/IMG]

You just garnered a lot of respect with those two posts..
Calling another rider, and a whole lot of FX owners scum?
Why don't you apologize for those statements, because if you don't, you might as well disappear..

Back on topic.
I also believe the EVO saved the company.
Second is the general quality improvement.
Third was the addition of a solid accessories program, and the profits this generates.
Fourth was the introduction of the Softail.
Combine that with probably most important component, the rising economy.
I think it was the perfect storm or circumstances of these things coming together at the same time built the foundation for Harley's success today.

Old 03-03-2007 | 10:54 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Whoa! Purple Haze, where are you coming from? You are the one that started the talk about stability with the bigger front tire, and MoParDave pointed out, correctly, that your FatBoy would not handle the twisties as well as his NightTrain.

Then you start posting Dyno sheets for what I am assuming is your Fat Boy. Well, chief, the Dyno don't mean a thing whenyou can't keep the floorboards off the ashphalt. In hard curves a FatBoy, Heritage, or any of the other FL Softails will not keep up with a Dyna or Softail or a Tourer with higher ground clearance and better lean angle.

Don't have a clue what the dog fighting comment was about, but I'm betting it don't have a lot to do with this or any other motorcycle topic.

Lighten up already. If you have a personal bone to pick with MoParDave take it to PM's.

Regards,

Bill

Old 03-03-2007 | 11:14 AM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master

You should read 'Well Made in America'. That book explains just how HD was rescued from being sold by AMF to a company in India that was well known for buying and parting out manufacturing businesses, and their path to profitability. When HD was bought by the upper management, they were about a week from insolvency when the EVO engine, the FX models and then the Softail got sales rolling. They also instituted manufacturing processes developed by Demming and others during WWII that greatly improved quality and reduced costs.

It is said that HD modeled their processes on Japanese practices but the truth is, these practices were promoted by the US government to get Japanese industry going so we wouldn't have to support them any longer than necessary. (It's really expensive to be good guys and win a war)

Anyway, that was the last time that HD had any real financial problems. The only part the Fatboy had in "saving" HD is that it was part of a long range plan for the Softail model series and the original Softail was a large part of the recovery plan.

Old 03-03-2007 | 11:22 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: George C

ORIGINAL: purple haze

Also big men like your self like to fight dog's ,what rock did you crawl out from under? This post was for FAT BOY"S go to scum bag night train site, oh that's right , I never see night train site's , except in the for sale section. why don't you go and watch some mistreated dog's kill each other big man.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/F61B4716F206415A896AEE5824776B6A.jpg[/IMG]

You just garnered a lot of respect with those two posts..
Calling another rider, and a whole lot of FX owners scum?
Why don't you apologize for those statements, because if you don't, you might as well disappear..

Back on topic.
I also believe the EVO saved the company.
Second is the general quality improvement.
Third was the addition of a solid accessories program, and the profits this generates.
Fourth was the introduction of the Softail.
Combine that with probably most important component, the rising economy.
I think it was the perfect storm or circumstances of these things coming together at the same time built the foundation for Harley's success today.
What George said.... there was no reason for you to go off the way you did. You need to apologize or as he said you may as well disappear cuz until you do I have no respect for you as a fellow hd rider. Everyone knows softails are for cruising... not racing.

Also. Wasnt there a time in HD when they were near bankrupt that the employee's stepped up and saved the company? Which in the end they got stock options in the company when it rebounded? this would have been sometime after AMF I believe. Could be wrong though.

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:03 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Sorry guy's, it was late ,long day, and I just hate people that troll for reaction's like he made me have, and I love my FAT BOY and we where on that subject, and then he think's he can blow me away on street, just pissed me off, I would like to see him take it to 100mph or more and hit some groove's in highway, he would soil his self when it start's high speed wobble, and yes i'm animal lover and despice lowlife's that like to watch dog's kill each other, so hope you guy's don't think i'm wack job, and again sorry if I made you guy's mad at me, maybe that dude need's real bike, trade his on hyabusa and he would get some money on trade from harley, then he could be on SUPERBIKE'S and do trick's. PEACE AND LOVE BROTHER"S

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/525F733202224A10ADA6A88F345B9592.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:11 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

And just what kind of Harley would that be?

I think everybody likes whatmodel ride the best, don't you think?
Me? I prefer the Night Train with that skinny front tire, but I would never diss someone elses choice..

BTW, while you guys are carving up the twisties to see who's right, I'll be coming along in a few minutes, at my normal cruising speed and taking in the sights!

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:13 PM
purple haze
Road Master

I see he changed his aviator for more reacton he is trolling for ,I was in U.S.M.C for 6yrs, it does wonder's for reacting to people who are looking for trouble, and if he want's a race, I bet my redneck pick up could blow him away. make my day

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/B83E2A6530EA4700AEC47D501B1124F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:25 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Thank's for complament on bike , yesterday was 1yr old, 2000 mile's, try to not get in rain, that get's dicey also on slick highway, and again sorry for letting my temper let go on site, yeah I was having bad day, I guess he caught me just right.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/D4BDAF2C6917462297BF785809D33B8A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:29 PM
Lipper
Cruiser

I thought the Deuce saved Harley.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23590/56C0D75C3362408D92BBE05F8C3D2E75.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:51 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Yes I was wrong and yes sorry for what I said , I was way out of line ,I like all harley"s, and think night train, dyna's ,springer's ,everything , did not mean to refer to any scum that ride's night train, I'm sorry thought he was dissing my bike, and got mad, still out of line, and I can't just blame bad day, and I'm animal lover guess that's really got me to start name calling. SORRY TO ALL.

Quick Reply: the fatboy saved harley?