Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013 | 01:53 AM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer
Default Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.

F*ckin moron who has no business driving tried to make an illegal u-turn from the far lane, cut me off. I managed to move left enough to avoid serious damage.

The engine guard took the most of the impact and bent back quite a bit, and even snapped in one section as you can see in the pic. bent my brake pedal and floorboard mounts.

My knee got mashed into his door, but If it wasn't for that engine guard, I'm sure my lower leg and foot would have sustained injury as well.

Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.-sfbonz0.jpg

Ride safe brothers.

Old 07-28-2013 | 02:05 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member

Glad you weren't hurt.

Did he at least stop? Did you get a police report and insurance information?

Old 07-28-2013 | 02:13 AM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Firewoman
Glad you weren't hurt.

Did he at least stop? Did you get a police report and insurance information?
Thanks. Yea he stopped, I got pics, traded all info, and 3 witnesses. hes screwed. going to the hospital in the morning to get my knee checked out, and go from there. Its swollen, and hurts a bit, but nothing excessive. Just want to make sure its nothing worse.

Old 07-28-2013 | 03:25 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

Very glad your ok. Almost once a week you have to save your own life on the road...I just assume that EVERY car is trying to kill me and act accordingly...Ride safe.

Old 07-28-2013 | 04:16 AM
blackswan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
Very glad your ok. Almost once a week you have to save your own life on the road...I just assume that EVERY car is trying to kill me and act accordingly...Ride safe.
My riding philosophy exactly.

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:13 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member

That guard did it's job and did it well. Give it a place of honor in your garage when you replace it.

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:20 AM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad to hear you are okay.. Had two girls cut me off Friday night. They thought it was funny. I wanted to stop them to have them call their fathers so that I could punch them in the face for letting them act that way. These kids are out of control today. Whatever happened to respect?

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:29 AM
tidbit1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
Glad you are okay.

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:50 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

I hit a coyote in the dark at 5:00 in the morning running about 50 mph 2 years ago. He hit the right fork / lower fairing and blew the lower fairing into pieces and bent the crash bar back fully 5". The coyote then ricocheted off into the woods.

As I replaced the broken parts a week later I realized more than once that had that lower fairing / crash bar not been there to take the hit, my right leg would have. ( And probably would have looked a helluva lot worse than my broken bike parts too.) I kind of like having them on the bike.

Glad you're OK and the offender is taking care of it.

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:58 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad to hear your ok and not much damage to bike.

Last week an old guy almost took me and my friend out on a merge. He had to speed up to pass both of us on the right, he was so close that I was thinking of kicking his mirror off. Didn't even look over at us

Quick Reply: Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.