Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013 | 09:23 PM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rusty Gunn
That's where a helmet camera comes in handy. Remember, if a REASONABLE person believes his/her life is in danger or he/she is about to suffer great bodily harm due to the actions of another it is legal to draw your weapon and open fire.

EDIT: WHAT AM I THINKING?!! You live in Canada and do not have the right to self defense, silly me!
I think our constitutional equivalent is something like, "the right to Tim Hortons".

Old 07-29-2013 | 09:29 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
I told him since I got injured (and especially because its my knee) I can't do that, he understood. Besides that, hes admitted hes had other accidents and worried about losing his license, and I kind of think he deserves to lose it at this point.

The thing that really gets to me, is after I told him to watch where hes going, and how motorcyclists have it bad enough, he said he understood and that he used to ride a motorcycle, but stopped after he went down. It made me think, **** man, you used to ride, you should know better, but then again, Idiots are gonna be idiots no matter what they drive.

AMEN!!! Glad you are alright.

Wondering if go pros should be required instead of helmets.

Old 08-01-2013 | 12:14 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rusty Gunn
That's where a helmet camera comes in handy. Remember, if a REASONABLE person believes his/her life is in danger or he/she is about to suffer great bodily harm due to the actions of another it is legal to draw your weapon and open fire.

EDIT: WHAT AM I THINKING?!! You live in Canada and do not have the right to self defense, silly me!

Yeah Thanks for reminding me Rusty Gunn.
Ride Like they are out to kill you, cause they are.
Rob

Old 08-15-2013 | 02:38 AM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

So just an update.

Replacement parts are on the way, and she should be back up on the road by late next week. The paint repair will have to wait until I get the bike back home to BC in Sept.

Also, I received a call today from the Police officer who was handling my accident report. She called to tell me that the dumbass will be getting charged, and will be losing his drivers license, as he only has 1 demerit point left.

One less idiot on the road.

Old 08-15-2013 | 05:42 AM
QC
Club Member

Odds are he'll be on the road anyway.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:18 AM
oct1949
Club Member

First glad to hear it wasn't worse, bike can always be redone, our body's sometimes not.

Sad to say that as time goes on there are just too many distractions and non-alertness by a lot of drivers.

I now wonder the wisdom of auto makers of putting a lot the Electronic gadgets in the middle of the dash-board.
WE know what the cell phones have done, but with so many new cars having a built in computer screen I think that could lead to a lot of problems of drivers taking their eyes off the road also.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:50 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior

Almost makes me want them to push for self driving cars for people.

Old 08-15-2013 | 09:38 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Glad things are working out bro.

Late next week? Tell them you need to be on the road Thursday haha. Starting the weekend with a ride to Banff before Bikes & Bulls kicks off.

I will shoot ya a text in the next few days.

Cheers

Old 08-15-2013 | 12:31 PM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Josewales
Glad things are working out bro.

Late next week? Tell them you need to be on the road Thursday haha. Starting the weekend with a ride to Banff before Bikes & Bulls kicks off.

I will shoot ya a text in the next few days.

Cheers
You're going to Banff on Thursday?, Even if I get my bike back by then, I won't be able to go. I gotta be at the shop tues, wed, thurs.

I hope I can at least make Bikes and Bulls. Pretty choked that I missed out on 3 shows already, and it will be the bikes last 3 weeks in AB. Next days off, its going back home to BC for the winter where it can still be rode lol.

talk to you soon homie.

Old 08-15-2013 | 12:46 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
You're going to Banff on Thursday?, Even if I get my bike back by then, I won't be able to go. I gotta be at the shop tues, wed, thurs.

I hope I can at least make Bikes and Bulls. Pretty choked that I missed out on 3 shows already, and it will be the bikes last 3 weeks in AB. Next days off, its going back home to BC for the winter where it can still be rode lol.

talk to you soon homie.
Friday....heading to Wayne for a 12 o'clock drink at Last Chance Saloon and head back after for the poker run at 3.

Haha I would also.

Quick Reply: Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.