Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013 | 10:26 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

Glad your ok !

Old 07-28-2013 | 11:14 PM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by kkiley
I saw my best friend get broadsided on his SG. His rear saddle bag guard and the AC saved his leg. I woulda been screwed on the FB...
Speaking of that, I think i might throw bag guards on. Now I just gotta see if someone makes a nice set that will fit with cyclevision bag mounts, preferably in 1 1/4" diameter

Old 07-29-2013 | 04:36 AM
isalama
Advanced

happy you made it out with the least possible damage to you and your bike.
Hope your back on the roads asap

Old 07-29-2013 | 10:25 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Glad u r ok bro.

Old 07-29-2013 | 07:07 PM
kkiley
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
Speaking of that, I think i might throw bag guards on. Now I just gotta see if someone makes a nice set that will fit with cyclevision bag mounts, preferably in 1 1/4" diameter
Great idea, like I said, I have seen them in action and I think they look good too

Old 07-29-2013 | 07:57 PM
Theatan
Tourer

Hope your knee is o.k. make sure you get enough from the cage to compensate for your medical, repairs, and lost riding time.
I finally put a highway bar on mine,
(the risk of not having it, out weighed the looks of the bike)
I can't say I'm overjoyed with the look of my bike now.
Yet I've seen way to many folks on crutches and to many scoots really messed up that could have had the damage lessened by a highway bar. (I'm Learning from the mishaps of others.)

Old 07-29-2013 | 08:20 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior

Was it a New Canadian?
Get a lawyer ASAP, chances are the other person will have one and claim it was you who drove into the side of the vehicle.
Have seen it before and we will see it again.
At least your still alive and able to tell us about your ordeal.
Ride Safe and Ride Like they want to Kill You.
Rob

Old 07-29-2013 | 08:48 PM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by CndUltra95
Was it a New Canadian?
Get a lawyer ASAP, chances are the other person will have one and claim it was you who drove into the side of the vehicle.
Have seen it before and we will see it again.
At least your still alive and able to tell us about your ordeal.
Ride Safe and Ride Like they want to Kill You.
Rob
He was Asian, but he was likely born here. I told him "way to re-enforce the stereotype dude". there were 2 witnesses, and he already admitted guilt in person, and over a txt message, so Im not worried. At first he was trying to get me not to report it to the police, and insurance and wanted to cover all the costs himself because he only had 1 demerit left on his license. I told him since I got injured (and especially because its my knee) I can't do that, he understood. Besides that, hes admitted hes had other accidents and worried about losing his license, and I kind of think he deserves to lose it at this point.

The thing that really gets to me, is after I told him to watch where hes going, and how motorcyclists have it bad enough, he said he understood and that he used to ride a motorcycle, but stopped after he went down. It made me think, **** man, you used to ride, you should know better, but then again, Idiots are gonna be idiots no matter what they drive.

Old 07-29-2013 | 08:51 PM
Rusty Gunn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
I just assume that EVERY car is trying to kill me and act accordingly.
Ain't THAT the truth!

Old 07-29-2013 | 08:57 PM
Rusty Gunn
Advanced

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Glad to hear you are okay.. Had two girls cut me off Friday night. They thought it was funny. I wanted to stop them to have them call their fathers so that I could punch them in the face for letting them act that way. These kids are out of control today. Whatever happened to respect?
That's where a helmet camera comes in handy. Remember, if a REASONABLE person believes his/her life is in danger or he/she is about to suffer great bodily harm due to the actions of another it is legal to draw your weapon and open fire.

EDIT: WHAT AM I THINKING?!! You live in Canada and do not have the right to self defense, silly me!

Last edited by Rusty Gunn; 07-29-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.