Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:05 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
Thanks. Yea he stopped, I got pics, traded all info, and 3 witnesses. hes screwed. going to the hospital in the morning to get my knee checked out, and go from there. Its swollen, and hurts a bit, but nothing excessive. Just want to make sure its nothing worse.
Glad you're ok.
Watch that knee. Get an MRI if it still bothers you down the road and don't be too quick to settle. Wait it out.
Injuries take a while to manifest.

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Glad to hear you are okay.. Had two girls cut me off Friday night. They thought it was funny. I wanted to stop them to have them call their fathers so that I could punch them in the face for letting them act that way. These kids are out of control today. Whatever happened to respect?
They have none what so ever, well at least the majority do not.
It all comes down to parenting and how they're taught.
It's all about them, and to hell with anybody else even if someone gets hurt. They don't care.. until it happens to them and then they are the biggest bawl babies you ever seen.

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:08 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Glad you're ok.

They have none what so ever, well at least the majority do not.
It all comes down to parenting and how they're taught.
It's all about them, and to hell with anybody else even if someone gets hurt. They don't care.. until it happens to them and then they are the biggest bawl babies you ever seen.

You got that one right Lions!

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:25 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Glad you're ok from this. You've got a sweet bike, and people just pay no attention, like they're the only ones on the road.

Hard to tell from the pic, but if that engine guard mounting tab up top is bent, they may total it out. If not, at least a new frame.

When my adjuster came out, that as the very first thing he looked at, an I didn't even have an engine guard. That upper mounting tab will total mores bikes than you'd imagine.

Good luck getting her back on the road!

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:42 AM
Hair53
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kozy22
Glad to hear your ok and not much damage to bike.

Last week an old guy almost took me and my friend out on a merge. He had to speed up to pass both of us on the right, he was so close that I was thinking of kicking his mirror off. Didn't even look over at us
I had an 18 wheeler merge on me a couple weeks ago, and the cagers meet me over the yellow line on a regular basis when riding country roads. Thinking on carrying a ball bat and start breaking out their headlights.

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:44 AM
fatboy1729
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kozy22
Glad to hear your ok and not much damage to bike.

Last week an old guy almost took me and my friend out on a merge. He had to speed up to pass both of us on the right, he was so close that I was thinking of kicking his mirror off. Didn't even look over at us
Hey Chris, did this happen when leaving O.S. Harley in Warwick? Either way, thumbs up for no injuries and no damage. Ray...

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:50 AM
jam436
Supporter

Glad to hear you're OK, and also that it wasn't a hit-n-run...
Just goes to show the old saying, there are two kinds of riders, those with engine guards and those who will.

Old 07-28-2013 | 01:45 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

"Engine guards" is a misnomer they should be called "leg guards",they saved mine (leg) a couple of times.

Old 07-28-2013 | 01:48 PM
Fabrikator
|
Tourer

Thanks for the words all.

Work is sprained ACL, 1-2 weeks recovery, and physio should due the trick. Doc said he doesn't foresee long term effects, but with a knee, you never know. Sure hope there isn't any.

Choked cuz I was going to take my bike to to a local rides and rods show today lol. ah well. Ill get her back on the road with newer shinier parts haha.

Old 07-28-2013 | 01:48 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatboy1729
Hey Chris, did this happen when leaving O.S. Harley in Warwick? Either way, thumbs up for no injuries and no damage. Ray...
When going to O.S when coming off rte. 4 and 95 merge

Old 07-28-2013 | 03:57 PM
obidio
Road Captain

Plus 1!

Quick Reply: Idiot in a cager cut me off. Engine guard saved my leg from worse damage.