Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling all jockey shifters...touring guy needs some info

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013 | 12:27 PM
Xtremerider112
|
Advanced
Default calling all jockey shifters...touring guy needs some info

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some info from you guys who are running jockey shift setups on your scoots. I have a 2008 Road King and am thinking about running a jockey on her. Yes...slightly unconventional but I've never seen one and I'm a fan of the "old school cool" thing so for those reasons I want one but looking for some info before I jump in. So I'm running true dual pipes. Will the shift lever interfere with the left pipe or the passenger floorboards? What shift lever are u running (straight handle or threaded rod with ball or t-handle etc) and is it comfortable using it/do you have any issues? Any info and especially pictures will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-25-2013 | 12:34 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Had this on my softail with duals. I had to heat and bend the shift linkage to make it fit properly.

Old 07-25-2013 | 05:09 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

I saw one as well and he just bent it also

(just be aware when first getting used to it that you dont grab a handfull of pipe lol)

here is a pic of a jockey shift with true duals https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...uestion-2.html post #32

Last edited by Midgard; 07-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2013 | 04:24 AM
Xtremerider112
|
Advanced

Thanks Midgard but I'm looking to do a behind the leg true jockey shift on this one. That one is more of a tank shift.

Old 07-28-2013 | 03:27 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xtremerider112
Thanks Midgard but I'm looking to do a behind the leg true jockey shift on this one. That one is more of a tank shift.

nope its a jockey, I know the difference lol - like I said, post 32 not post 34

Old 07-28-2013 | 05:39 PM
Xtremerider112
|
Advanced

My apologies sir. It helps when u read all the words in the post and not just click the link lol. I think I’m just gunna order the Labriola kit and bend and persuade the lever to fit where I need it to be. It looks like I will have enough room to shift, but if not ill put the heat to it and force it to work.

Old 07-28-2013 | 05:50 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

My apologies sir. It helps when u read all the words in the post and not just click the link lol. I think I’m just gunna order the Labriola kit and bend and persuade the lever to fit where I need it to be. It looks like I will have enough room to shift, but if not ill put the heat to it and force it to work.
Are you going to be using their foot clutch as well? I've been looking into that kit and will probably call them up in a few months to talk about it fitting since theirs says 36-99 models with floorboards.

Old 07-28-2013 | 06:50 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

No worries lol I knew you would just see the tank shift haha thats why i put the 32

Anyways - make sure to post some pics when you do it ~

Old 07-28-2013 | 07:07 PM
Xtremerider112
|
Advanced

Mikeskins...hell yes!!! Full jockey/foot clutch setup. I posted this question in the touring section and got the "WTF are u thinking?!?!?" response which only made me wanna do it more. And Midgard ill def post pics here and in the touring sections just to see what they think. And for u guys with them honestly how hard is it and how long does it take to get used to? I'm assuming there is a learning curve but some guys run from it like its the damn plauge.

Old 07-28-2013 | 08:24 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member

Touring section smells like a BBQ, a good BBQ but a BBQ anyway. Whatever can't be fixed with a credit card gets ignored over there.
'Nuff said!

Quick Reply: calling all jockey shifters...touring guy needs some info