Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy bar for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM
dazeyc
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sissy bar for Breakout

Everything for this bike seems to be back ordered right now. I have managed to find everything that I need for the sissy bar except for the docking hardware. I have found the kit in several stores across Europe but that will be my very last resort. Does anyone know of any other hardware kits that will work for this or is there any way to piece it together? Our local dealers are adamant that they cannot do this, but I have heard of people doing it. If you have done it, can you give me part numbers?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the hardware kit from my Fat Bob and it works fine. Might not be an exact fit but there's no issues with the fit of the Sissy bar and it doesn't move at all.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Interested in this too. Would like to add a bar (when needed) to the BO I hope to buy. Saw this one at Cooks Corner out here in CA, I liked it! I did not even know there was a possible issue with install??

Attached Thumbnails Sissy bar for Breakout-sissy-1.jpg   Sissy bar for Breakout-sissy-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2807
Interested in this too. Would like to add a bar (when needed) to the BO I hope to buy. Saw this one at Cooks Corner out here in CA, I liked it! I did not even know there was a possible issue with install??

Hysterical...old school sissy bar looks kind of weird for this model. Looks like a Ginz product. I'm having fitment probs for two-up riding with the HD plates/bar/backrest and am considering having one of these made custom to allow the passenger to move back, just not as high as this one. I've also considered that fugly Corbin two-up seat with integrated backrest, but they want a ton of $$$ for it and I already have the HD sundowner seat and pillion. Either that or trade up to a bagger, whatever's cheaper ha ha.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 AM
dazeyc
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nbdzhro
I used the hardware kit from my Fat Bob and it works fine. Might not be an exact fit but there's no issues with the fit of the Sissy bar and it doesn't move at all.
Ok, I will try that. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Originally Posted by dazeyc
Ok, I will try that. Thanks!

That is also for the quick detach bar. The sissy bar for the Breakout is actually angled back to allow the passenger an inch or 2 of more room.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM
dazeyc
1st Gear

I got the quick release standard sideplates for a Softail and I managed to get my hands on the last upright specific to a Breakout in this city at the moment. The only thing I couldn't get was the quick release hardware kit for the Breakout. When you installed the Fat Bob kit on the Breakout, did you install it exactly as you did on your Fat Bob or did you have to tweak it at all?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Same exact install steps. Remove bolts and install new ones.