Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a J&S jack with a Softail

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013 | 09:38 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Oh no, it's "Going off subject"

Old 07-17-2013 | 09:42 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Falcon195
When I purchased my J&S jack I owned a 2012 Street Glide.
Now I own a 2012 Fat Boy.
So when using the J&S jack with my Fat Boy does the rear rail of the jack go behind or in front of the shocks?
And if it goes behind the shocks, exactly what is the placement of the rear jack rail, as there isn't much room and the oil drain plug which is integrated into the frame seems like it would get in the way.
We have the Shotgun shock on our bike and I would worry about placing all that "Side load" on them so I would definitely use the rubber spacers on the frame to take the load off the shocks.

Nobody has answered the "Oil drain plug access" question
Is their enough room or access to the drain plug when on the J&S jack?

Old 07-17-2013 | 10:35 AM
ombill
Intermediate
Default jack placement for oil drain plug

There is enough lateral tolerance for placement of the jack to keep the drain plug exposed. I change all three fluids without having to change the placement of the jack. The oil drain insert that came with my jack makes the job a lot cleaner.

Old 07-17-2013 | 02:12 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ombill
There is enough lateral tolerance for placement of the jack to keep the drain plug exposed. I change all three fluids without having to change the placement of the jack. The oil drain insert that came with my jack makes the job a lot cleaner.
Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-17-2013 | 02:35 PM
rideflhr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rakthi
For the 4 years I have used the J&S jack, the zip ties survived ... You worry too much.
I agree. Shove the jack under, find where it balances,lift bike. I leave my bikes on the jacks unless I'm riding. Have done it on two previous softails. No problems. Dont worry!

Old 07-17-2013 | 04:15 PM
wiktor
Tourer

I bought and use the Harley frame protectors but the jack then won't slide under the bike so I have to put it up on 2X8's first.

Old 08-13-2013 | 11:20 AM
j&sjacks
Former Sponsor

Thank you all for the kind words about the J&S Motorcycle Jacks. It is for this reason that J&S Motorcycle Jacks would like to extend a special HD Forums coupon code for all HD members that are looking for a high quality stable motorcycle lift for their bike. The coupon code that we at J&S Motorcycle Jacks are offering is for 5% off the price of the item(s) being purchased. This J&S Motorcycle Jacks coupon code can also be combined with the current discount shipping offer. The J&S Motorcycle Jacks coupon code is hdforum and will be active as of tomorrow (August 14th) and will be active through September 13th. We at J&S Motorcycle Jacks hope to see many of you take advantage of this coupon code and save a few dollars. If there are any questions feel free to contact Jamie via e-mail at Jamie@jsjacks.com or check out our website www.jsjacks.com. Thank you all for the continued support and positive words about our products!

Old 08-13-2013 | 12:15 PM
JRuss
Cruiser

I change my oil with the bike on the ground. Takes less time than using a jack, and no worry about placement of any jack.