Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a J&S jack with a Softail

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013 | 10:33 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

For the 4 years I have used the J&S jack, the zip ties survived ... You worry too much.

Old 07-13-2013 | 11:25 PM
Falcon195
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rakthi
For the 4 years I have used the J&S jack, the zip ties survived ... You worry too much.
Yes Dad..............

Old 07-14-2013 | 11:07 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

Seriously dude, it's a jack, lift the bike, do your work, drop it down. Is this rocket science and I'm missing something here?

Old 07-14-2013 | 11:12 AM
Falcon195
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by fcsallan
Seriously dude, it's a jack, lift the bike, do your work, drop it down. Is this rocket science and I'm missing something here?

OK Mom..................

Old 07-14-2013 | 02:30 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Falcon195
OK Mom..................
Typical Grunt.

It's no wonder you consider us parental, you are asking on a Harley forum how to jack up your bike. Newbie does not begin to describe you. Obvious inexperience.

Old 07-14-2013 | 03:15 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Typical Grunt.

It's no wonder you consider us parental, you are asking on a Harley forum how to jack up your bike. Newbie does not begin to describe you. Obvious inexperience.
Maybe, but also perhaps not. It's not terribly unusual that someone will enter into a "culture", and bring some value out of their (sometimes embarrassing) questions, and maybe even a greater experience level.

Me? I get some amusement by fukking with the "Harley correctness" culture. Me and the ol' lady may or may not ride on separate bikes, depending on how things stack up that day (holy cow, a Harley is a man's bike), but we saw at least 6 gals doing pretty well in a parking lot situation this weekend. Slow speeds and parking lots are what's hardest. Just about anyone can blast down the freeway.

Nuttin' remotely wrong with asking how to jack up a new bike, particularly since he at least noticed that the shocks protrude beneath the frame a little bit, and wondered if anything needed to be done about that.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 07-14-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2013 | 04:17 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Maybe, but also perhaps not. It's not terribly unusual that someone will enter into a "culture", and bring some value out of their (sometimes embarrassing) questions, and maybe even a greater experience level.

Me? I get some amusement by fukking with the "Harley correctness" culture. Me and the ol' lady may or may not ride on separate bikes, depending on how things stack up that day (holy cow, a Harley is a man's bike), but we saw at least 6 gals doing pretty well in a parking lot situation this weekend. Slow speeds and parking lots are what's hardest. Just about anyone can blast down the freeway.

Nuttin' remotely wrong with asking how to jack up a new bike, particularly since he at least noticed that the shocks protrude beneath the frame a little bit, and wondered if anything needed to be done about that.
Bah, the question didn't bother me, it was the adolescent quips with his parental rebellion that irked me. It is so typical these days when people overthink something then retort with an adolescent jab when it was pointed out.

I agree that no question is without merit however I keep going back to "It's a Harley, not rocket science.

Old 07-14-2013 | 06:28 PM
Falcon195
|
Road Master

Bah, the question didn't bother me, it was the adolescent quips with his parental rebellion that irked me. It is so typical these days when people overthink something then retort with an adolescent jab when it was pointed out.

I agree that no question is without merit however I keep going back to "It's a Harley, not rocket science.
OK Bro....................better?
I know, now we have a sibling bond and so maybe that won't offend you quite so much.

I ask stupid questions and overthink things , you have thin skin and have an issue with humor.
Sounds like we both need to sell our Harley's and go fishing.

Old 07-16-2013 | 05:02 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain

You're doing okay - J&S makes a great jack .
I use mine all the time - nice Fatboy.

Old 07-16-2013 | 05:35 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Wow, didn't know I was part of a Culture. That's deep.

Quick Reply: Using a J&S jack with a Softail