Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Handlebar Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013 | 06:42 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 24v
Then what are the spacers in that picture for? Do those go into the trees so you can then use standard type risers?
Exactamundo. They're adapters/inserts for the trees since the factory FXS trees are indexed for the split bar setup to hold them in place. So yes, come up flush with the top of the tree so you can use standard risers. I used L.A. Chopper's adapters. Move the speedo and you can use any bar you want as long as the center section is wide enough.

Old 07-10-2013 | 08:06 AM
Marquezj16
Tourer

I was looking at Todd Cycle's offering. Just waiting to get back to get started on the mods.

Old 07-11-2013 | 05:45 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

So I ordered some like this today.

John at Hardtail has been super cool answering all my questions. He said they should ship by the end of next week. I know they are probably the most common style, but I wanted something different, and love the shape of these. Just wondering how they will look in a Blackline application with the built in risers wider apart. Stay tuned.

Old 07-12-2013 | 09:08 AM
TLoud
Cruiser

Nice! Can't wait to see them installed

Old 10-22-2015 | 08:53 PM
Chevis
3rd Gear

Hi 24v,

New"ish" member here from Vancouver Canada - Have been a member for awhile, but for some reason I cannot find a way to send you a private message like I have been able to on other forums.. Guess because I have not posted enough - not sure..

I know you've moved on to the breakout, but wanted to see if I could ask you a few quick questions on your blackline and the vinyl wrap you did to the upper forks..

Did you drop the forks to install or just do a cut and install while on the bike ? I have the same bike except Vivid black and I noticed you went gloss black wrap - I was thinking matte because the triple trees are matte, but after seeing your picture the gloss looks good in the pictures..

I appreciate the help - your blackline and breakout are customized perfectly

Rob

Old 10-23-2015 | 07:41 AM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

I just measured the space between the trees,and cut it to fit, then put it on. I think if you dropped the forks to do it, you may have trouble getting it all back together and lined up.

Old 10-23-2015 | 07:44 AM
Chevis
3rd Gear

Sounds simple enough.. Thx for the reply

Old 12-27-2015 | 08:59 PM
Skeeter666
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chevis
Sounds simple enough.. Thx for the reply

have you done bars yet?

Old 12-28-2015 | 07:52 AM
Chevis
3rd Gear

Tried the vinyl.. looks good, but decided to get aluminum pipe cut / powder coated to to slide over.. will update with a pic once installed

Old 12-28-2015 | 09:07 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chevis
Tried the vinyl.. looks good, but decided to get aluminum pipe cut / powder coated to to slide over.. will update with a pic once installed
The vinyl wrap works and looks great if it is trimmed carefully.. I had it in my Dyna for about a year and it looked perfect with no fading or any other issues......until I needed to remove the forks for suspension work. It was a pain to get off. I put it on again, but it scratched and tore when I installed a Memphis Shades fairing. The QD clamps screwed it up. Here's a picture when it was applied.

The aluminum pipe is a more robust method. Keep in mind that PVC pipe works just as well. You can get spray paint for plastic at Lowes or Home Depot. The plastic pipe might be safer for your tubes.

Love the Blackline by the way.

Quick Reply: Blackline Handlebar Ideas