Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dropped something inside my oil bag!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

If you leave it in there and you get stopped and they strip search your bike, you'll get put in jail for having drug crap on your person. Beware!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
If you leave it in there and you get stopped and they strip search your bike, you'll get put in jail for having drug crap on your person. Beware!
Lol. That would be freaking histerycal!!!

Originally Posted by QC
Oh, for goodness sakes! Just hold the bike upside down over your head and shake it out of there!!
Trust me man, I wanted to shake the hell out of that damn sled last night. You guys know how it is, when you're working on something and you start to run into small and stupid issues....... Makes me wanna kick the thing over. Lol

Old 07-09-2013, 12:03 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Lol. That would be freaking histerycal!!!

Trust me man, I wanted to shake the hell out of that damn sled last night. You guys know how it is, when you're working on something and you start to run into small and stupid issues....... Makes me wanna kick the thing over. Lol
Been there all too often!! You'll get it out.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Chip Hazard
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I did the exact same thing once.Couldn't see the syringe at all.I blew air around in there until it worked the syringe over close to the fill hole,then reached in there with some really long needle nose and pulled that bitch out

Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wish I had compressed air at home man. I have a feeling that getting that stupid siringe to be visible so I can grab it is gonna be the nightmare part of this operation.

Going home from work in an hour gonna see what happens. Ill keep you boys posted !

Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Chip Hazard
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

might be worth going to harbor freight and spending 40 bux on a little chickenshit compressor

Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't think it will hurt anything but there have been a lot of good suggestions on here on how to find it. Don't stop riding and good luck.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

It's quite likely that "The Harley Force" took the syringe to another dimension, and it's not even in your oil tank any more.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

On the other hand, one can make some interesting and useful tools out of bent coat hangers.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,856 Likes on 19,336 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Oh, for goodness sakes! Just hold the bike upside down over your head and shake it out of there!!
Boy did that statement trigger a memory ...Years ( and years ) ago one of the guys riding with us had a 550 Honda that had a rocker arm locking nut come loose and the valve got so out of adjustment that we had to figure out what was happening ... It was raining like hell so we stopped inside a car wash and figured out what had happened ... The Fix? .. Remove the gas tank and 5 of us tipped the thing over and shook and jostled the bike till the damn nut fell out ... Half hour later we were ( how would Willie put it? ) ... On the road again!!

Quick Reply: I dropped something inside my oil bag!!!