Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Riser Extension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013 | 09:29 PM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chaparro78
I have spoke to him, waiting on a quote for 1 1/2 inch risers. I think it would look good in black since the bars are black as well.
But it goes between the risers and the forks, both of which are chrome. I would think that would look off, but I guess pics will tell!

1.5" might do the trick!

Old 07-07-2013 | 09:41 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
But it goes between the risers and the forks, both of which are chrome. I would think that would look off, but I guess pics will tell!

1.5" might do the trick!
The ones he makes are brushed aluminum, not chrome either. Hoping black will look good. Only pics will tell, you are right.

Last edited by Chaparro78; 07-07-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2013 | 07:25 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

I wonder if 1.5"-2" will work without extending the cables?

Old 07-08-2013 | 08:26 AM
parttime379
Advanced

I think some fine sandpaper to sand the brushed look off and a grinder with a buffing pad with buffing pad with rouge would polish them out if you don't want have them chromed

Old 07-08-2013 | 04:43 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced

I wonder if 1.5"-2" will work without extending the cables?
Emailed Jim today and they should be in the mail tomorrow. $60 for 1.5" risers. Hoping no new cables will be needed. From looking at it earlier, if a cable needs to be replaced it will be the front break line. I know with the 1" riser added by another forum member to their breakout did not require new cables.

Old 07-08-2013 | 09:11 PM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chaparro78
Emailed Jim today and they should be in the mail tomorrow. $60 for 1.5" risers. Hoping no new cables will be needed. From looking at it earlier, if a cable needs to be replaced it will be the front break line. I know with the 1" riser added by another forum member to their breakout did not require new cables.
Awesome, keep me posted on how the 1.5" goes, I may do the same.

Old 07-09-2013 | 09:57 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

I'm also interested to hear how the 1.5" works. I think even with them being sandwiched in between chrome that the gloss black would look good. This bike is all about the black/chrome contrast anyway

Old 07-09-2013 | 10:50 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Default risers

Trying to find some riser extensions that might work with the Breakout.

Changing risers wouldn't really work due to the way the speedo mounts, I think?

If I could find some 1.5-2inch riser extensions I think that would be enough to stop me from having to hunch a bit.

I am having trouble finding any that I can tell if they will work. let alone look ok.

I am just trying to avoid having to change bars and extending wires.

Thoughts?

I'm wondering if some of the riser extensions for like the Street Bob would go at the top between the current risers and the bars (and still allow the speedo mount to attach) (Something like https://www.denniskirk.com/2-in-hand...prd/598067.sku)

or if it would be better to find some risers that go between the tree's and risers?

I do not have a breakout (YET!!) and it's been a while since I looked at one in person so........can you not use the bottom portion of a set of higher risers with the top part of your current set that would allow the speed mount on the top?

Old 07-09-2013 | 10:53 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Overcast
I do not have a breakout (YET!!) and it's been a while since I looked at one in person so........can you not use the bottom portion of a set of higher risers with the top part of your current set that would allow the speed mount on the top?
Great question! I don't know the answer .

Old 07-10-2013 | 12:38 PM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

Wonder why the 1" spacers he has for the Breakout are more than the 2" spacers he has for the others...

Quick Reply: Breakout Riser Extension?