Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade in

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013 | 02:09 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tinmarine
Won't let me post link or pics have to do it after work. 14, 700 for an 08 RK classic rhinehart duals stage 1 not too much chrome, just the right amount in pewter pearl.
New frame design, larger rear tire, increased load capacity... from 08 to 09. You probably researched all this already though.

Old 07-01-2013 | 06:32 PM
tinmarine
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by KumaRide
New frame design, larger rear tire, increased load capacity... from 08 to 09. You probably researched all this already though.
Not really huge game changing differences in the grand scheme. I highly doubt I would notice the ride difference between the frames or handling. I don't ride a variety of different bikes to notice, quite honestly I don't feel most would despite what a paid author who is reviewing says. I would notice the balanced motor though, but, that don't bother me. Under load that thing accelerates smooth, good torque, more power than my 88, but they didn't change the HP or torque rating between the two years (08-09).

Last edited by tinmarine; 07-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2013 | 08:24 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Many reviews of "riders" on this site and other sites comparing the 09+ years. But like you said, you may not "notice" the difference.

Nice looking bike - enjoy!!

Old 07-06-2013 | 02:43 PM
tinmarine
|
Road Master

Alright, you were right, I retract my statements on the differences on models. I rode a King with the new design and there is a noticeable difference. My apologies sir.

Old 07-06-2013 | 03:17 PM
Suntower
Road Master

Alright, you were right, I retract my statements on the differences on models. I rode a King with the new design and there is a noticeable difference. My apologies sir.
Did you do the deal?

IMHO:

That's a great value for the trade.
Price on the RKC is a smidge high... but not out of line for a dealer.
You should keep the Fatboy AND buy the Road King.

Old 07-06-2013 | 08:52 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

No need to apologize. Accept for calling me "sir". lol

I too have been looking at touring models so I have some experience. One other thing I would consider is ABS. Even if you have to save a little longer or shop a little more...

Old 07-06-2013 | 08:56 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Sweet deal...time to change your sig pic - congrats!

Old 07-06-2013 | 09:05 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Just remembered a bike I have been considering, but am holding out for abs... If you dont care about ABS or do not need to do a trade in and can pay cash - this is a nice deal. Not a RK though, but a nice bike for a good price. Not a big deal, just fyi...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...892935409.html

Old 07-06-2013 | 10:13 PM
tinmarine
|
Road Master

Well, the bike I rode today was a 2013 ember red sunglo and merlot RKC. They worked a similar trade value and came down on price with a stage 1 with a PCV, and Rinehart true duals which also includes a dyno tune. After my test ride it now has a whopping 11 miles on the clock. Wasn't looking at new until that one grabbed my attention.

Old 07-06-2013 | 11:18 PM
Suntower
Road Master

Just remembered a bike I have been considering, but am holding out for abs... If you dont care about ABS or do not need to do a trade in and can pay cash - this is a nice deal. Not a RK though, but a nice bike for a good price. Not a big deal, just fyi...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...892935409.html
Wow... that's a damn good deal.

Quick Reply: Trade in