Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail lowering kit.........pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013 | 12:36 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by SoftailManiac
I am new to the forum, so may I ask who the "JD" is that you are speaking of. I would love to have a SS on my bike, so maybe I could enter that giveaway. Thanks in advance.
He's the owner/builder of Shotgun Shocks, an air-ride suspension system for Softails, and now baggers.

The giveaway is here, a thread he started back in December 2010.
He's been drawing winners continously since then.
Next drawing is scheduled, I think, for Thanksgiving...
Toss up a picture and say a few words about why you'd like one, you may get lucky.

EDIT: ..and he just announced this:
"..Shotgun shock now offers 6 months interest free financing through PayPal. Get your air suspension today, and pay over 6 months OAC..."

Last edited by jam436; 10-04-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2013 | 02:08 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
In closing, I have much done to my bike, just about everything has been touched, modified or replaced...
And it looks killer I might add!!!

Old 10-04-2013 | 02:12 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Sure someone has said it, but the rubber bump stop, and you will get to be better friends.

Old 10-04-2013 | 05:01 PM
SoftailManiac
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jam436
He's the owner/builder of Shotgun Shocks, an air-ride suspension system for Softails, and now baggers.

The giveaway is here, a thread he started back in December 2010.
He's been drawing winners continously since then.
Next drawing is scheduled, I think, for Thanksgiving...
Toss up a picture and say a few words about why you'd like one, you may get lucky.

EDIT: ..and he just announced this:
"..Shotgun shock now offers 6 months interest free financing through PayPal. Get your air suspension today, and pay over 6 months OAC..."
Thanks, man. I will do that tonight. I see you are from Pittsburgh, good to see other Pa riders on this forum. I am from just outside Hazleton,Pa.

Old 10-08-2013 | 08:13 PM
rleedeuce
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
Good grief...there's one in every crowd...

So what exactly about my post do you DISAGREE with? Or do you just want to go on record for being another FOOL that lowers his Softail to look "cool" and forevermore lives with a crappy handling joke bike???

My Harley Softail is a great design that works extremely well as a forward control long distance high speed highway and rural road blaster... I can do over 100 mph without getting blown off the seat. AND take ten hours rides without discomfort at age 65....

Not good enough for YOU?

You go ahead and ride a poseur bike that is lowered and works like crap. Like I give a f**(k...

Old 10-08-2013 | 09:46 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by rleedeuce
So what exactly about my post do you DISAGREE with? ... Like I give a f**(k...
..just an observation but... obviously you do "give a f**k", otherwise you would have ignored it - instead of letting it get under you skin...

Last edited by jam436; 10-08-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2013 | 05:32 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
Yeah, I don't think there are many rednecks in Los Angeles.
"campesinos" ?

Old 10-09-2013 | 06:41 AM
08Nighttrain
Road Master

Originally Posted by rleedeuce
So what exactly about my post do you DISAGREE with? Or do you just want to go on record for being another FOOL that lowers his Softail to look "cool" and forevermore lives with a crappy handling joke bike???

My Harley Softail is a great design that works extremely well as a forward control long distance high speed highway and rural road blaster... I can do over 100 mph without getting blown off the seat. AND take ten hours rides without discomfort at age 65....

Not good enough for YOU?

You go ahead and ride a poseur bike that is lowered and works like crap. Like I give a f**(k...
The part most people disagree with is that it is none of your damn business what we do with our bikes. We don't feel you can tell us how to set up our ride. You do what you like and we will do what we like. We still have that freedom last I checked.

Old 10-09-2013 | 07:12 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 08Nighttrain
The part most people disagree with is that it is none of your damn business what we do with our bikes. We don't feel you can tell us how to set up our ride. You do what you like and we will do what we like. We still have that freedom last I checked.
What's up with this talk about freedom, while taking exception to his freedom to comment or express his views?

Old 10-09-2013 | 10:16 AM
EasyGT
Cruiser

I lowered my 02 fatboy 1.5 " and it looked amazing, right before i was hit by a car on it. from my limited expereicen i can say you will be alittle more aware of bumps on the road, not bad but you will sense them more than before, and you cant turn as sharp without dragging. I made two turns around my block before I figured that one out. but it comes down to you and how you ride. I am a daily rider rain or shine so sacrificing some comfort was something I was prepared to do. If you dont ride as frequently or dont mind giving up some comfort then I say go for it

Quick Reply: Softail lowering kit.........pros and cons