Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Seat for a '05 Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Best Seat for a '05 Fat Boy

I know this type of post has gone up before but things change!

I am looking for 2 up seat for my '05 Fat Boy that not only looks good but will help ease the pain in my lower back on long trips.

Any ideas/recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Best Seat for a '05 Fat Boy

I like my C & C Fastback check out www.ccseats.com

Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 AM
kmm
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Mustang Regal xtra wide on my 06

Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 PM
gabhart
Road Master

Xaran...I really like the looks of the CC seats. Is yours really that much more comfortable than stock?

kmm...I heard Mustang seats are good but pricey!

I am finding this difficult because it is close to impossible to try a seat before you purchase a seat. Most manufactures will allow you to return it IF IT's NOT MOUNTED. How the heck do you know for sure unless you actually ride with a new seat?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
gabhart
Road Master

No other seat recommendations? There has to be more folks that have back issues that have found the perfect seating solution for a Fat boy!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Sgt Steve
6th Gear

Hey, I'm relatively new here but I think I can help you out. I've tried several and as close as I can come was to "loose fit" one of those Mustang P/N 75073 seats. Post up above mentioned a Mustang Regal and I think it's basically the same but maybe with the buttons.
I have the same problem with my lower back (buzz butt) on fairly long rides. I'm ordering the 75073 next month. Try Mark at M&M in Sandusky, OHIO. Good price and delivery.
In the interim; get a towel the size of a hand towel, fold it in half long ways, slide it through your seat grab strape halfway,then fold it back over itself. Trust me...this will hit your lower back in the right place. This really helped me on a loooonnnggg run from Pittsburgh to Tenn and N.C. Well,long for a 60's guy!

Sgt Steve

Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Sgt Steve
6th Gear

Is that an 05 Silver FB?
Sgt Steve

Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Gabhart

Yes, my C & C Fastback is MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat. I find it to be more comfortable than a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady or the HD badlander or a Softail Standard seat. I bought all of the other seats from e bay and tried them because I could not get comfortable on rides more than 50 miles .
I found C & C through E Bay and then when I called for more info I talked to Chuck (owner) and found out that they were in the LA area he said to come by and look at the seats.

Once I saw them for the money I had to try one, and it is the best seat I have owned for me and my bike. It looks great and gives me all of the support and comfort that I need . I easily ride 150 -180 miles before a break to get gas and have no problems.

C & C has a return policy and they will work with you to custom fit your seat to your needs, more or less padding, move you forward or back ect.

Two of my friends with softails (Heritage and aTrain) both have C & C seats now and they are very happy.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
gabhart
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Sgt Steve

Hey, I'm relatively new here but I think I can help you out. I've tried several and as close as I can come was to "loose fit" one of those Mustang P/N 75073 seats. Post up above mentioned a Mustang Regal and I think it's basically the same but maybe with the buttons.
I have the same problem with my lower back (buzz butt) on fairly long rides. I'm ordering the 75073 next month. Try Mark at M&M in Sandusky, OHIO. Good price and delivery.
In the interim; get a towel the size of a hand towel, fold it in half long ways, slide it through your seat grab strape halfway,then fold it back over itself. Trust me...this will hit your lower back in the right place. This really helped me on a loooonnnggg run from Pittsburgh to Tenn and N.C. Well,long for a 60's guy!

Sgt Steve
Thanks for the info! I guess a Mustang seat should be on my list. I will also look into m&M for pricing.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
gabhart
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Sgt Steve

Is that an 05 Silver FB?
Sgt Steve
Chopper Blue and Brilliant Silver.

Quick Reply: Best Seat for a '05 Fat Boy