Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland USA 250 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heartland USA 250 Kit

Right on! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Thanks for the input, Crazy Canuck. I'm going to have to swap out my swingarm and the whole shabang. My buddy thinks we can do it ourselves and not have any problems. If it looks like it's going to be too big of a task, I'll just have to take it 6 hours away to my cousin's house. He's a mechanic and has a nice heated garage to work in. A weekend there and I can have it done AND painted. Come to think of it, that might just be the best option anyway.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain

Cessna, thanks for that bit about the wiring and swingarm clearance. I'm taking notes so this will go as smoothly as possible.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Old Skool
Intermediate

Hiya DG -

I bought a Deuce back in 2004 just to do the Heartland conversion after sitting on one at the LA H-D dealer. Heartland was new to the market at the time, and no one had heard of it back on the East coast where I live. My dealer had never seen the kit, and that made me nervous about having them do the conversion for me....anyway, I ended selling the Deuce and got a Deluxe. Good luck with the kit...it really is one the best looking ones on the market!

Not to jack your thread, but did anyone check out the Bobber conversion at the Heartland site?

Would the Spring Seat and Seat Pan kit fit a Softail Deluxe using the stock rear fender? That would definitely make the Deluxe look ultra retro!

Thanks and take care,
Leo

Old 02-27-2007, 04:41 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

I really like the Heartland's Kit. Gave it alot of thought and decided it to much money for now. Another thing, I really like my stock Profile laced wheels, If I got the heartland kit where would I get a 250 wheel that match the Profiles? What wheels are you going with?

I've got the Heartland folding license plate, good quality, great look.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:55 AM
DickGrayson
Road Captain

I'm glad to hear that it sits and looks well in person. I never was happy with the seating posture of the stock Softail. I felt too high up on the seat. I'm looking forward to that "down low" riding stance.

Old Skool, I did check out that bobber conversion. It's slick! I almost went with that option, but there isn't a passenger seating option to go with it and my little lady really enjoys going on rides so I can't leave her out. Talk to Mark at Heartland and he can fill you in on any questions you may have about fitting.

Phantom, I'm going with the laced wheel direct from Heartland. I like that classic look as opposed to the billet wheels seen on most customs today. I might go with a whitewall tire in the future to enhance that look if I can get one. I got the swingarm mounted folding plate holder to go along with it.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior

I drool with envy.....

Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Old Skool
Intermediate

Yeah DG, you're really going to like the lowered seat height. I sat on a Heartland converted Deuce, and it felt like a custom chopper...you get the reliability of a Harley but the feel of custom bike! Good luck doing the conversion, and post pics when you're done!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain

My parts shipped today. They should be here in 3-5 days. Woo hoo!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The 250 looks perfect.
I'm sure you'll love it.
Now all we need are pictures.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

DickGrayson....yo lace is the way to go. Keep use posted on the build with pics. I'd even like to see pics of the parts and the box they came in.

Quick Reply: Heartland USA 250 Kit