Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vicla builds

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013 | 10:38 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I am pretty sure that bike falls into the "Custom Bagger" type of bike but I could be wrong. As for the bigger wheels up front? Sorry guys, I'm sticking with my 16's'. I guess that means I will never have a "True Vicla"! Maybe I will start something new, a "Fatty Vicla" or a "Midwest Vicla"! Whatever! It's what I like and with my suspension mods that I have it just rides and tracks SO sweet the way it is. Will that ever change? Sure, you guys know how that is! **** changes on our bikes on a whim or with anything new that comes out, maybe even seeing a picture that turns your thought process upside down on you overnight. There are TONS of nice bikes here though and I do NOT knock a single one of them. Also, finally, I swear the bike is going in this coming Wednesday. It will probably be there 4 or 5 days, then I pack it up and get it over to my Dyno guy, maybe a few more days there. Then? Pictures, I promise. I got pretty gung ho on it then the triple bypass hit, then I just wanted to ride it. Chit happens, what can I say? I'm still kinda worried about the changes but everyone tells me i will like it, we shall see. I was told I would like the Shotgun and that proved to be 100% accurate so I will see if I can 2 for 2. I REALLY need my seat redone. I was going to hold off because of money with me being off work so long but I can't take it anymore. I'll throw it on a credit card if I have too. I don't care anymore, My tailbone is KILLING me when I ride. Any suggestions will be taken into consideration. I hear there is something new out that is better than gel inserts, any info on that from any of you guys? I can't remember what it's called.
Dont worry about what style your bike is and just build it to make you happy.

Seat recommendation is to call Chuck at C & C Seats and have him set you up. By getting rid of that HD Saddle alone you will make a big change to your bike.

Old 06-28-2013 | 11:32 AM
Suntower
Road Master

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Looks like this one might have enough ground clearance to be rideable. 30" front wheel.

Pfft... 30"?? Ha! I just put a 50" wheel on my bike. Come at me bro...

Seriously... this is all I can think of when I see those ridiculous baggers.

ETA: "Ridiculous" in MY opinion. Do whatever you want with your bike and your money if it makes you smile.

Even if it's silly.

Last edited by Suntower; 06-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2013 | 02:30 PM
chap!
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
Finally got the paint done on the bike. heres a sneak peak. I still have to install the hardbags, I had got some Ness hardbag latches, and they suck ***, they keep over extending and binding up. NOT impressed. Hopefully pick up a set of HD ones next week.

I've only ever seen one other Vicla around here, and most people tell me they've never seen any others. A few other riders I've ran into will recognize the "SoCal" style and comment.

Sorry to hyjack but show us more of your paint job Fabrikator

Old 06-28-2013 | 06:15 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Hey tbone I will tell you this. I had a gel insert in a seat one time and when you stop somewhere and the thing is in the sun. It will burn your A.. It got hot and stayed hot. The black seats get hot anyway but that thing made it worse. It was comfy other than that. My 2cents on gel. I got rid of that thing quick.
C and c are good. I have had their seats too. I think a high quality foam or high quality memory foam will be better. I plan on another seat too.

Old 06-28-2013 | 06:24 PM
Fabrikator
Tourer

Originally Posted by chap!
Sorry to hyjack but show us more of your paint job Fabrikator
Ill post more pics on a new thread when I get the bags on, hopefully this coming week.

Old 06-29-2013 | 09:28 AM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey VETERAN 75, thanks for your input. I have heard that story once or twice before, about the heat. This stuff I am getting put in is new though. It's actually a cross between gel and memory foam and it, among other things, has addressed the heat issue. Seriously, this stuff is weird yet awesome. If you are ever out and about and there is a shop anywhere around you that carries it, stop in and shoot the **** with someone and then ask if you can see and handle a sample of it. It actually feels like it should be soaking wet but of course, it isn't. I have been kicking this seat thing around for over a year now and there is no turning back now. It's already off and at the shop. I had actually decided to hold off on my seats because of money issues. I was off of work for a little over 3 months from a triple bypass surgery and disability pay made things tight. I broke my tailbone as a kid and for some dumb azz reason it has decided to come back and haunt me after all these years. So, it came down to a necessity more than an appearance and show type of thing. I am on my bike for a mere 10, 15 minutes and I just about can't stand it. I had to act. Did I go the right route? I don't know, I guess time will tell. I also addressed the "Black Leather heat" issue too. My bike is the stock black and white paint scheme. I am getting the seat finished to match the bike so it will now be black and white as well. The top section of my seat and the smaller passenger seat that I have are now going to be done in white on top, no more black. I am also aware of how much more the white will be to keep clean but I am meticulous when it comes to my bike and I don't see that as being an issue. Now, having said that I am also open to any and all ways and what to use to keep it nice and white. The only thing I did discuss with the guy of any concern was the stitching and keeping that clean. I decided to go with black stitching on the white for 2 reasons. I think that will be easier to keep clean and to give the white some definition. BUT, like I said. It's too late to turn back now. He has the seats and I did give him a down payment too, even though it was not required of me. Really? I guess it;s never to late to pick up the phone and to tell him to hold off but like I said, it's now more about comfort than just for looks. I made up my mind and I guess I am going to stick with it. If I screwed up then you can be the very 1st to tell me "I told you so"! LOL....Again, thanks for your Input VETERAN75, it's much appreciated. Also, on another note, there are some really sick paint jobs on a few of these bikes in this thread. I have never really been a fan of "busy paint jobs" like that but your paintjob on your bike Fabrikator is just down right sick, big time. It may be one the the 1st such paint jobs that I have seen like that, that I really like. The colors even really go well together and it came out super sweet.

Old 06-29-2013 | 01:00 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Tbone don't forget to post that new seat when you get it back. I have been thinking the same design becasue of the heat issues. White top black sides. I hate these skirted seats. So I'm going to simplify it some too when I get there.

Old 06-29-2013 | 03:10 PM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Will Do.

Old 07-04-2013 | 01:03 PM
16over
Road Master

This one is for TBone. As you can see no CA sun or palm trees in these pics. I'm in Central IL, seen a couple that are working on the look, as am I. I have gotten all kinds of comments, people either love it or hate it. I don't really care!

Last year was the first time I had seen a bike with this particular style around here. I absolutely fell in love with the look, I don't care what you call it. Build it for yourself. If you don't stop and take a look back at it when you are walking away from it, then I don't think that you are actually building it for you!

Attached Thumbnails Vicla builds-deluxe13.jpg   Vicla builds-deluxe12.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013 | 02:10 PM
88vicla
Novice

Does this count?

Quick Reply: Vicla builds