Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vicla builds

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013 | 01:45 AM
Scootluver
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nameless.
Is this a Vicla? I see them all the time around here

Nameless, as always beautiful bike bro. U got me contemplating the 23 in the front bro. I got the same pose too!!!!!

Old 06-28-2013 | 07:43 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

These forums and the internet are a bad influence. If it wasnt for this community I would of been just as happy ordering a few parts out of the HD catalog.....and wouldn't known any different.

But hey we got tiats for bikes now due to it.

I myself didnt want to copy the vicla template and wanted to make my Lo an original. But when it comes down to it, it's about real. And like the OP was getting at....our bikes are unique out there with the help of some influences such as these forums.

We like to play bike legos more than the general pop.

Last edited by Josewales; 06-28-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2013 | 08:17 AM
Hogleyripper
Tourer

Yes I would have to agree on the statement of this forum being a bad influence for vicla builds. Looking through this forum you get hooked on the look. For me it was the beach bars and stretched rear fender. And I course that 21.

Old 06-28-2013 | 08:22 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Tony, this is the big wheel type of thing that I mentioned seeing several of at the Detroit Harley Fest, except that I think the front wheels on some of them were even larger. I'd been thinking this style also originated in the Southwest, but maybe not. Is there a name for these?

Old 06-28-2013 | 08:32 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

I had to add this just for fun:

Old 06-28-2013 | 08:58 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Tony, this is the big wheel type of thing that I mentioned seeing several of at the Detroit Harley Fest, except that I think the front wheels on some of them were even larger. I'd been thinking this style also originated in the Southwest, but maybe not. Is there a name for these?

Yeah, un-rideable. Where do we draw the line between show bike (above) and one that you can actually get out and hammer around regular rough streets?

Old 06-28-2013 | 09:20 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Benway
Yeah, un-rideable. Where do we draw the line between show bike (above) and one that you can actually get out and hammer around regular rough streets?
Sure is pretty though. One of the reasons I dont mind the show bikes, once in awhile it gives us ideas for the ones that are being ridden.

Old 06-28-2013 | 09:33 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I had to add this just for fun:

$10k in a $200 car

Old 06-28-2013 | 10:10 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Benway
Looks like this one might have enough ground clearance to be rideable. 30" front wheel.

Old 06-28-2013 | 10:26 AM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I am pretty sure that bike falls into the "Custom Bagger" type of bike but I could be wrong. As for the bigger wheels up front? Sorry guys, I'm sticking with my 16's'. I guess that means I will never have a "True Vicla"! Maybe I will start something new, a "Fatty Vicla" or a "Midwest Vicla"! Whatever! It's what I like and with my suspension mods that I have it just rides and tracks SO sweet the way it is. Will that ever change? Sure, you guys know how that is! **** changes on our bikes on a whim or with anything new that comes out, maybe even seeing a picture that turns your thought process upside down on you overnight. There are TONS of nice bikes here though and I do NOT knock a single one of them. Also, finally, I swear the bike is going in this coming Wednesday. It will probably be there 4 or 5 days, then I pack it up and get it over to my Dyno guy, maybe a few more days there. Then? Pictures, I promise. I got pretty gung ho on it then the triple bypass hit, then I just wanted to ride it. Chit happens, what can I say? I'm still kinda worried about the changes but everyone tells me i will like it, we shall see. I was told I would like the Shotgun and that proved to be 100% accurate so I will see if I can 2 for 2. I REALLY need my seat redone. I was going to hold off because of money with me being off work so long but I can't take it anymore. I'll throw it on a credit card if I have too. I don't care anymore, My tailbone is KILLING me when I ride. Any suggestions will be taken into consideration. I hear there is something new out that is better than gel inserts, any info on that from any of you guys? I can't remember what it's called.

Quick Reply: Vicla builds