Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a fun awesome day.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013 | 10:18 AM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default What a fun awesome day.

I took the bike out yesterday, and today will be the last day riding the bike before mods are completed. I hope I am not screwing up. I went to 1st bar yesterday and my bike pretty much got everyones attention out of 70, 80 bikes. Went to 2nd bar, was not there 5 minutes and people were standing around it, 2 asking if they could take pictures, maybe the same amount of bikes there. Came home and went to car show in downtown where I live, prolly 1200 cars and 200 bikes there too and the car show photographer was taking pictures of my bike, pissing a few classic and custom car owners off. The #1 question of the day? How do you get your bike to sit so low? Yep, of all the mods the Shotgun Shock stole the day. I don't brag but it does feel good that what you envisioned, what you put together is a winning combination seen by all. If I,m not happy with these Gangsters and the internal wiring set up, the Samson tru-duals I will peel them off and go right back to what I now have. I once said I won't mind if I lose a little performance switching these pipes, I may have overstated myself. This thing runs sweet! I hit it hard 1 time yesterday, more so than ever before and the front end got light on me even when hitting 4th gear. My final thought and advice to anyone out there that has a vision, a picture of your "Dream bike", don't ever give up on that. It took me 40 years to get this bike and it was worth every minute of every day of waiting. Lifes good this weekend!

Old 06-09-2013 | 02:09 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Old 06-09-2013 | 03:22 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain

That's awesome man. Congrats on all the recognition!

Old 06-09-2013 | 03:40 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Nice to be seen and given credit if hard work.

Old 06-09-2013 | 08:32 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

Good to hear you are back in the saddle. I don't know about the apes but I have a feeling you are going to love the Samson's.

Old 06-09-2013 | 09:08 PM
QC
Club Member
Riders Club Member

As I've said before, one the nicest bikes in here.

Old 06-09-2013 | 11:13 PM
patharley
Tourer

Any fresh picture of your bike ?

Old 06-10-2013 | 12:05 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Your bike looks great. I'm not surprised.

Old 06-10-2013 | 07:07 AM
nickvango
Advanced

Once i put on my Samsons i started to get more looks than my brother n laws 08 anniversay softail! Pissed him off big time.
I can assure you that you think you got a fair amount of heads turning with your current set up, you will have to beat them away with a stick when you install your samsons lol!
I have the removable baffles, left them on for about a week then removed them, they sound "Awsome", especially on decel. I guarantee you will not be taking them off
I,m now saving for some shotgun shocks.

Old 06-10-2013 | 07:38 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

I Know the feeling. My pipes usually attract attention, and once they are in close...they usually ask about the lowering. Then with a quick hit of the switch, the shotgun demonstration begins. Its all routine now heh.

Great post OP! Its great when your hard work gets recognized once in awhile. And be proud!

Quick Reply: What a fun awesome day.