Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is using the RSD fender kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Ecoboost
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is using the RSD fender kit?

I'm installing it now and the seat sucks! There are gaps the size of the Grand Canyon around the sides and front... I searched all over for pics before I bought it and couldn't find any close ups. Just a warning for those thinking about the RSD fender kit. My bike is a 99 so I had to cut the frame horns off. The gaps are large enough on both side to see the top of the cut out frame horns. I will be giving bitchin seats a call Monday!

Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM
jeffc68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pictures?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Ecoboost
Cruiser

I will try to get some posted tonight.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:02 AM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please lets us know what Bitchin seats says or how much. I used the RSD kit and saved a huge amount over the heartland kit but I too hate the seat. It looks good on my bike as I have an 08 and didnt have to cut horns but it is like 3 inches narrower where your a$$ goes and about 2 inches short of touching gas tank??? Why would they build it like this? It is made by mustang seats for RSD so it isnt like they dont know how to make a seat that fits. The biggest problem is the cushion after 30 mins my butt hurts. unfortunatly there arent many options as the seat angle in the back where seat pan attaches to fender isnt the same as any standard seat.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Ecoboost
Cruiser

I will keep you posted! Do you have gaps down the sides of your seat? I understand the gap in the front because its made for their vintage tank and tunnel. I also thought about using the rsd seat pan and extending it with fiberglass... Prolly be easier to start fresh though. Bitchin makes some nice seats from what I have seen. I'm a little worried about price but I will pay what I have to. I will not half *** my bike!

Old 06-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I think Corbin makes a seat for the PM Phatail kit, so check with them if they have any experience with the RSD setup. Also, check with Mustang about doing one with an extended nose.
It would be cool to have a few more options for this setup...the Heartland, too.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In order to get mine to fit I had to drill out the front seat tab and put New rivets in it. The sides follow the frame tubes back pretty well so no gaps there but there are huge gaps by the struts. I too thought about fiberglassing the seat pan but I would want it wider and little longer longer in front.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Tweeter2148
Advanced

Who is using the RSD fender kit?-bike-seat-web.jpg

Here is my 09 NT with the RSD rear fender kit and a custom Bitchin seat. The seat fits perfect and there are no gaps anywhere. The seat feels great also. The seat might look a bit big to some but again it feels great and I'm happy with it overall. The price for the seat was also more than I wanted to spend but I'm glad that I did it.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Sbell1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tweeter2148
Attachment 319681

Here is my 09 NT with the RSD rear fender kit and a custom Bitchin seat. The seat fits perfect and there are no gaps anywhere. The seat feels great also. The seat might look a bit big to some but again it feels great and I'm happy with it overall. The price for the seat was also more than I wanted to spend but I'm glad that I did it.
That looks correct. It's a damn shame we can't get a quality fitting kit that doesn't cost a fortune.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 AM
lucospock
Tourer

The Lottermann is the one I am installing, it doesn't cost a fortune, and there aren't a lot of modification to do (battery cover, ECM, seat etc....)

Attached Thumbnails Who is using the RSD fender kit?-xbones.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who is using the RSD fender kit?