Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

amazing effect of "Big Shots Staggered"

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 08:45 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain

I'm in the minority here, fellas. I had them on for about a year and recently took them off. The loud drone got tiresome after a while, especially on longer rides. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:54 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

For even more amazing effects try putting in some Big City Thunder Monster Baffles or Quality Quiet baffles. I put the Quality Quiet ones on my Lo and they make a big difference in seat of the pants torque over the stock baffles. I had to install them in the stock baffle location versus the six inches from the end of pipe location recommended and they still made a pretty significant difference. Hopefully I'll get a chance soon to get the pipes off and drilled for the recommended location and get even better performance.

Old 06-01-2013 | 12:22 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior

if i didnt have dual, these or the longer ones would be on my ride..

Old 06-01-2013 | 08:30 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

By far the BEST pipes I've ever put on a Harley. They sound incredible. I'm very impressed with these puppies!

Old 06-01-2013 | 08:53 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Mike Z, I agree. there are a few reasons I went with the 39" Tru-Duals with removable baffles. My baffles will be cut down once I get it on the Dyno but one of the reasons for these pipes it to put as much of that noise behind me rather then right there in my own ear's so you're not alone. I think they look great on certain bikes but they're just not for me on this particular type of bike.

Old 06-01-2013 | 09:48 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeZ
I'm in the minority here, fellas. I had them on for about a year and recently took them off. The loud drone got tiresome after a while, especially on longer rides. Maybe I'm just getting old.
I had them on my Night Train. I agree, they look great and sound amazing..... for awhile. A couple hours of that roar, and I needed a break.

Old 06-01-2013 | 10:09 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

I put in quiet baffles which only lowered the sound a few db, but it did deepen the tone a bit.

I have to admit they are loud, but if you baby the throttle going through the neighborhood, you can keep them somewhat quite.

I like the noise they make because my Wife can hear me coming a mile down the road which gives her boyfriend time to get the hell out of my house before I get home

Old 06-01-2013 | 11:15 AM
blindrocket
Road Master

I have Big Shots on my Train with no baffles. I like 'em loud.
The saying goes, "If it's too loud, you're too old."

Old 06-01-2013 | 11:35 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I like the noise they make because my Wife can hear me coming a mile down the road which gives her boyfriend time to get the hell out of my house before I get home
Hmmmm... Ive always wondered why the toilet seat is always up when I get home.

Old 06-01-2013 | 11:54 AM
Junker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ynots
Hmmmm... Ive always wondered why the toilet seat is always up when I get home.
Sorry about that...
I'll make sure I put it back down. Lol

Quick Reply: amazing effect of "Big Shots Staggered"