Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Brake Pads ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Reaper 9
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Brake Pads ?

What brake pads are you guys using? I had a local shop down here replace my rear brake pads and I thick there ****!! I don't even have a 1000 miles on them and you can see the one side is really war down compared to the other after I took the caliper off and toke a look. I didn't know how hot the rotor or caliper was getting so I used my temp gun to temp them. I thought they were getting to hot but it works just fine and. There claim to fame down here is you buy the part and they will put it on for free!!! So I'm looking for my next pads for my 2009 fat boy already!!

Thanks for all your help!!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
bigdady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lyndall

Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the Lyndall Z series pads because they generally seem to stop better and barf a lot less dust on the whitewalls.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I put Lyndalls Z's on rear also last time I changed them. Me like them better than the MoCo pads and they are about the same $$$$.

then at 30k I replaced the fronts with them also.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Reaper 9
Advanced
Default Rear Brake pads

Thanks I'll give them a look. My first set on the rear only had 7500 miles on them!! And no I'm not hard on the brakes unless I have to. My brother-in laws 05 fat boay didn't change his until around 12,000 miles so I don't know if they are making them better as we go threw the years just cheaper in everyway but price!!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running Lyndles right now. Not impressed. Noisy and wearing fast. Going back with moco.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:18 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I just turned 10K on my Fat Boy. I went on ebay this morning and spent $21.50 (shipped to my door) for a set of front and rear pads. They are Carbon Kevlar and will stop the bike just fine. I use these because they are compatible with my stainless rotors. I know LOTS of people get caught up in the battle of the brands. I'm not one of them. I run Shinko tires as well, when I know I am supposed to run run Metzler. But what the heck. Brakes literally take minutes to change, and I have never had a problem stopping with the cheap pads. But thats just me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-K...4fce9e&vxp=mtr

Last edited by bikerlaw; 05-27-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Reaper 9
Advanced

Thanks Bikerlaw I'll keep that in mine!! Dam good price !! Keep them come guys lot of good info. thanks again for your help and many options to pick from!!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer DP. They come installed on Performance Machines calipers. Two sets of Lyndalls on my stock calipers left too much dust on my wheels.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash16
I prefer DP. They come installed on Performance Machines calipers. Two sets of Lyndalls on my stock calipers left too much dust on my wheels.
DP makes some BOLD claims on their website:
  • Excellent all-round braking performance in all conditions
  • High-tech ceramic heat shield - no brake fade
  • No brake dust
  • Lowest pad wear on the market - lasts up to 3x the wear of most other pads
  • No noise

...can you attest to all of this? First I've ever even heard of DP - I currently run the Lyndall Z's and while they do throw a lot less rear brake dust than the stock pads, I still gotta clean that damn white wall in the rear once a week or so if I ride every day. I'm incredibly interested in doing that job less often so if they really live up to all the claims, I want to know.

Quick Reply: What Brake Pads ?