Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Sidekick Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
speedracer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Sidekick Seat

I am looking at the new sidekick seats that Harley came out with for my 2006 FLSTI and was wondering if anyone has one of these and what do you think of it. I mostly ride soloso passenger comfort is not a consern just fooking for a little more rider back support over the stock seat.

Thanks

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Harley Sidekick Seat

ORIGINAL: speedracer

I am looking at the new sidekick seats that Harley came out with for my 2006 FLSTI and was wondering if anyone has one of these and what do you think of it. I mostly ride soloso passenger comfort is not a consern just fooking for a little more rider back support over the stock seat.

Thanks
I can't give you any advice on the sidekick seats, however, but I do have the stripper seat on my fat boy. I too was concerned about back support, being that I sometimes get lower back pain. I personally decided to go with the stripper seat just due to the low profile, sleek, hug the rear fender look. I haven't had any problems with my back while riding and the ride is comfortable and lower to the ground. Unfortunately my pictures haven't been updated with the new modifications so you would only see the stock seat. Just my two cents. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Check out C & C Seats at www.ccseats.com beter prices and quaility than the MOCO seats. I had a Corbin Gunfighter and a HD Standard and the HD Badlander seat on my bike . The C & C is hands down the best looking, most comfortable and least expensive.

I know I sound like a sales man for them but I went thru 3 seats about $700.00 and then I got my C & C Fastback for $ 250.00 from them and have never looked for another seat.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:40 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey speedracer...

I rodewith a Sidekick Seat on my 07 Fat Boy (HD #51387-06A) for several hundred miles. I needed alow slung seat height because I'm "vertically challenged,"and thestock seat didnot get me low enough for me to feel comfortable.The Sidekickbrought me down several inches and a 100 mile ride didnot bother me, or my butt! My primary concerns when I first ordered the Sidekickwere final fit and seat height!

I liked it...it satpretty good, fits the bike perfectly, but for the $$$ I felt thata Corbin would have been a better investment. The Sidekick seemeda little "flimsy" for the price, but don't get me wrong...the Sidekick was/is a good saddle as well!I have owned several Corbins in the past and just think they are built better than the Sidekick. As a matter of fact...Ispecial ordered a Corbin and replaced the Sidekick, then sold the Sidekick to a forum member!Call the Corbin guys at either the Florida or California location. They can make anything you want...and you will get a top-of-the-line product! Or...see Tim or John at Zanotti (zanotti.com) and get the Sidekick for a real good discount!Either saddle is a BIG improvement over the stock unit!

Good luck...

Steve

Old 02-23-2007, 12:42 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a sidekick and I love it. Very comfortable for me. My passenger complained on a 300+ mile ride, but that was it...Looks great too. I have the flames stiched into it.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 AM
air_marshall
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speedracer, I'm the guy who bought the seat from Steve. It fits great and the quality is excellent, I just haven't been able to try it out yet. The dealer here said that it has better quality foam than the Badlander. That and the leather seem to just make it a better choice overall, though it does look like it is a little thicker/higher than the vinyl Badlander.

Just my 2 cents so far, (thanks again Steve)

air_marshall