Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?

looking at a set of saddlebags for my deluxe, I like the look of some of their stuff and the price is right. Anyone have em?

http://www.vikingbags.com/?gclid=CNi...FYWf4Aodd1wAZw

Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 526 Posts

I don't but buddy I ride with has them on his fatboy with easy brackets. I don't care for the look of the bracket but the bag was pretty nice. The back panel of the bag was much stiffer than I expected which was nice for mounting. Some inexpensive bags look and fel cheap, the Vikings he got didn't. Sorry, I don't remember which model he got. They're certainly not a high end bag, but a good option without breaking the bank.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I recently bought and installed a set on my Sportster. Overall, I'd say they're pretty nice bags for the money. They look good and function pretty well. If your first priority is quality, keep looking. But if your first priority is price, they're a pretty good deal.

I've had mine on for about 2 months now and they're working out well. The mounting is pretty ridged, firm & secure. They're also holding shape real well. But I did have a couple of rivets did pop loose (one to the lock & one to a Velcro strap) but it's nothing I can't fix myself.

If you're going with the quick detach set up, you're going to end up with 4 keys total. Each bag has it's own key as well as each quick detach bracket. That's a serious PITA drawback IMO.

The internals of the company has it's drawbacks as well. Bobby tries to be as helpful as possible, but I suspect he's casing his tail and kept real busy putting their fires out. They missed sending my black signal relocation brackets with the bags, but Bobby got a set right out to me so I wouldn't have to wait another week. Strangely a chrome set showed up 6 weeks later, WTF? I've read about the same thing happening to others as well. I've also read posts by others that have a hard time & long waits on being refunded for items returned.

Other than that, all is well. That's been my experience with Viking bags. Overall I'm satisfied for the money spent.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Usually you get what you pay for and $ 150.00 bags usually look like and hold up like $ 150.00 bag.

The Viking Bags are made of "Viking Leather" this is from their site "The Harley motorcycle saddlebags we manufacture are made of long-lasting synthetic Viking Leather that is easy to maintain"

IMO if you need short term storage they may work well but on a $15000.00 Motorcycle a cheap set of saddlebags that stay on the bike really detract from the look and value.

The best value for your $ in quality bags out there IMO is David at Osprey www.saddlebags.net or http://www.ospreylimited.com in the range of $ 450.00 with brackets

The best bags out there are Boss Bags, Leather Pros, Thunder Bags and Iron bags but your in the $ 1000.000 price range new

Or watch Ebay there are good deals out there.

When I had my Fatboy I sold a set of Osprey Bull Bags (first pic)for a couple hundred to upgrade to a set of Boss bags(second pic) the Osprey were still as good as new

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-fbeg.jpg   Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-3-30-bags-only.jpg  

Last edited by XARAN; 05-20-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced

thanks for the feedback everyone...I am stil tossing a few options back and forth, I might give these guys a shot.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a set recently, I like em.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced

Thanks, I pulled the trigger and bought a set, they should be delivered by tomorrow....guess i will find out! I will let you all know.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
Usually you get what you pay for and $ 150.00 bags usually look like and hold up like $ 150.00 bag.
On the same note just because you pay more doesn't mean you get more. As far as our construction goes I wanted to share this email I got from one of our customers who just just bought bags for her new deluxe

"Hi Bobby,

Attached are some photos of your bags. One taken the day they were installed at the dealership and the others after the accident. I am so amazed that nothing in the bags got damaged as my bike tumbled down the highway at 60 mph. And I also believe that because they held up so well, along with my engine guards, they protected my body from more serious harm.

Please thank those who developed and manufactured this product. It is because of the incredible strength, construction and quality of this product that I am now buying another set for my new 2013 HD Softail Deluxe FLSTN.

Sincerely,
Mary Anne-----

Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

and spicy, i hope you got the discount if not pm me and i will get you set up. have been real busy, sorry i havent been on here much

Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced

I would like to say that I got my bags and installed them a couple of days ago. I love the way they look and they seem to built pretty well to me. I went with the Rondo bags and think they look sweet on my Deluxe! I have a couple of pics on my phone and I will get them on here as soon as i can!

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?