Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 381 Posts

My coworker bought some Vikings and they look great and he is very happy with them.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here they are. so far, I love them!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-img_1375.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy_Mchaggis
Here they are. so far, I love them!
Bike and bags look great, nice score.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Im happy with mine though theyve only been on for a few months.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear turn signal relocation

I want to put a set of bags on my Fatboy. I currently have a HD quick detachable luggage rack/sissy bar. I had the turn signal relocation done to allow for the bracket, but the signals are only about 2" further back and still on the fender strut. Does anyone know if that will leave enough room for an Easy bracket, or do I have to move the signals back to the license plate? If so, is that a job I can do myself? I have attached a pic of my current setup. Also, will the easy bracket docking posts be compatible with the HD docking posts for the sissybar?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-fender.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
smithrw
Cruiser
Default bags

I just put a set of Viking bags on my Deluxe and have been very satisfied so far. The price and quality were very good. Bobby helped me a lot a gave excellent customer service.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Smileman
I want to put a set of bags on my Fatboy. I currently have a HD quick detachable luggage rack/sissy bar. I had the turn signal relocation done to allow for the bracket, but the signals are only about 2" further back and still on the fender strut. Does anyone know if that will leave enough room for an Easy bracket, or do I have to move the signals back to the license plate? If so, is that a job I can do myself? I have attached a pic of my current setup. Also, will the easy bracket docking posts be compatible with the HD docking posts for the sissybar?

There are EZ Brackets that will fit the Fatboy without relocating the Turn Signals

i had Osprey Bull Bags and Boss Bags on my fatboy with no Turn Signal relocation

http://www.easybrackets.com/products...n.htm#Softails

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-3-30-fats-and-bags-side.jpg   Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-bosss-bags-back.jpg   Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-fairingfrom-the-back.jpg   Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?-fatty-boss-hd.jpg  

Last edited by XARAN; 06-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked my viking bags until I realized that you can't remove the key from the lock in the unlocked position making the bags difficult to close. Maybe the locks on mine are defective, but what are the chances of BOTH of them being defective?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Advanced

hmm...mine remove from both locked and unlocked position.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Ventana
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of viking bags. I bought them a while ago. My customer service was a nightmare. They didn't send installation brackets with the bags. Contacted them and they said they would send them out. Went on vacation for 2 weeks came back and no mounts had arrived. Called them again and was told they would get a set out. a week later called again and they said that "this time" they would get them out, for sure. A week later the wrong mounts arrived again.

The bag quality is very good. satisfied for what I got for the price I paid. I just wanted a pair of bags for those odd times I need to carry more then what I can carry on my body.

I see they now hve a quick disconnect braacket similar to "Easy bracket". Does anyone have a set they can comment on? I have a 04 Dyna Superglide Sport and the bags have the shock cut-out. I was wondering how these might fir with the shock cut-out as "Easy Bracket" says they are for flat back bags only.

Also, what is the Viking forum discount?

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with Viking Bags?