Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non CVO Breakout prices?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
teegunn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non CVO Breakout prices?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a red non CVO Breakout. Wondering if anyone could chime in with prices they have paid - are the dealers gouging or can you get one at or near MSRP? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ours are at msrp

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 PM
504ENGINEER
Advanced

Long story short yes dealers are gouging. My 5 yes 5 local dealers wanted 3-5K over msrp. I got mine for $18,200 from a dealer 3 hours away. For that reason I refuse to step foot on those dealers property. I also met a guy last week that had the same exact experience as me and he went out of state and got his for msrp.

Last edited by 504ENGINEER; 05-16-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 PM
teegunn
6th Gear

Thanks for the replies so far. That's what I've heard the little bit of digging I have done - some dealers are at MSRP, others are gouging. I need to call up a couple of the nearest dealers and get some prices and leverage. The local dealer knows I've liked the Breakout for the past month since it was on their floor, they finally got a red one in (which is the color I wanted) and they probably think I'll be an easy sale. It won't be that way because i won't overpay.

Any other experiences on pricing with the new breakouts I'm happy to hear them. BTW, I'm in Western Montana, so dealers are at least 2 or 3 hours apart.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
teegunn
6th Gear

Brettnbama - PM or email me - I would like to discuss the breakout with you if possible. For the life of me I cannont find a PM button anywhere or I would message you directly.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

T, I just bought mine Monday (blue).

I paid $18,200 out the door. Of course the Dealer had to put their BS charges on it, so they backed the price of the bike down to $17,100 on the paperwork.

I really had an "I don't care if I get it or not" attitude and paid cash for the bike.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:24 AM
teegunn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Eric03Cobra
T, I just bought mine Monday (blue).

I paid $18,200 out the door. Of course the Dealer had to put their BS charges on it, so they backed the price of the bike down to $17,100 on the paperwork.

I really had an "I don't care if I get it or not" attitude and paid cash for the bike.

Perfect. That's exactly how I go in to a car dealer - I'll buy if the deal is right. I don't have to have this bike - I will buy it for MSRP, but not jacked up from that. If not, wasn't meant to be. MSRP isn't exactly a "steal" on these anway. And I am also a small business owner in this MT town of 30K people - I unfortunately know a lot of their employee's, and owner, if not well at least decently by this point. Many of them buy product - on a much smaller scale - from me. So I will go in polite but firm. There is a little wiggle room - I may trade my 2009 Suzuki M50 to them. I'm not stupid how they try to twist numbers on trade. I know what mine is worth and what I owe on it yet. They already offered me 5K for it, but that is of course before they gave me the price difference between my trade and their breakout. If I can also find another dealer who will sell me the same bike for MSRP, then I've got decent leverage. And now that I know that other people around the country are getting these at MSRP, I will find a dealer who will do the same for me.

Again - thanks for the info Eric! Very Helpful!

Last edited by teegunn; 05-17-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 AM
teegunn
6th Gear

BTW - If/when I get my Breakout, I will post pics. I plan on doing some mild modding - going to put taller risers on the bars, and may use the bars off of the Wide Glide to give even a little more comfortable riding position. I also plan on putting vance and hines pipes and a swingarm bag. Probably will not do the stage 1 kit just yet. When I'm said and done, I'll easy have 19K into this bike. It's a sweet ride for sure though.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 AM
HellsHavoc
2nd Gear

I got mine last week. Dealer wanted 22.5k for it. I laughed but they knew they had the upper hand. After I told them to get......anyway, at the time there was only 2 in black in the state of Louisiana, and the other dealership said they had a deposit on it. Every other dealership had some coming, but no promises. Ended up walking away with the bike for 19.5k and 1500 off accessories, to include a free dyno.

I was mad at first, i was upset. Then the day came to pick it up, it was raining. I trailered it home and just sat on it. The next day the sun came out. First time I ever got to ride the breakout, the min both feet hit the pegs and I twisted on the throttle....

Worth....every.....penny....

Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 AM
crawlgsx
Cruiser

I was trading in my fury and more focused on getting what I owed on that than the price of the Breakout,

All in all I ended up walking out financing $20k. This included all the BS dealer fees which were over $1k (assembly, freight, title, etc)

They had the bike priced at $18,699 before the fees.

But I owed $10k on my Fury and that was paid off so I really look at it like I paid $18k for the bike, since realistically the trade-in on the Fury was closer to $8k with the mods done.

Quick Reply: Non CVO Breakout prices?