Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non CVO Breakout prices?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 AM
504ENGINEER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HellsHavoc
I got mine last week. Dealer wanted 22.5k for it. I laughed but they knew they had the upper hand. After I told them to get......anyway, at the time there was only 2 in black in the state of Louisiana, and the other dealership said they had a deposit on it. Every other dealership had some coming, but no promises. Ended up walking away with the bike for 19.5k and 1500 off accessories, to include a free dyno.

I was mad at first, i was upset. Then the day came to pick it up, it was raining. I trailered it home and just sat on it. The next day the sun came out. First time I ever got to ride the breakout, the min both feet hit the pegs and I twisted on the throttle....

Worth....every.....penny....
I believe I had the first one. Bought mine from Cajun on 04/02.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
teegunn
6th Gear

Appreciate the input fellas. Gathering my info/leverage today before I go in. I've heard this dealer likes to gouge - but from only one guy and he hates dealers of any kind. We will see - I want to keep my business local, but not if I have to overpay for it. In all honesty I've been going in at least once a week for the last three months - sometimes to deliver product to one of their guys there from my store - sometimes just to shoot the **** and check out the bikes. They are all a nice bunch - helpful, not pushy, etc. They've let me take several bikes overnight on to test. Something I don't think they normally do. Bottom line will be OTD price when it's all said and done though.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I *just* finished the deal on mine - Sunglo red, with VH Big Radius 2x2's, SE Heavy Breather, and ECM update (all installed) for MSRP. Now the wait begins!

Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Black at MSRP

Got mine for MSRP in Charlotte, NC. Heavy Breather. I wanted VH Straight Shots to keep the stock look of the pipes, but they won't fit so I settled for Bassani Slip ons and I think I can use the stock Harley heat shields to keep that gloss black look.
I also tried the Wide Glide bars on stock riser AND Wide Glide riser setups and did not like it, and went through a lot of time and aggravation...the FXDWG riser is black but the FXSB top clamp/gauge mount is chrome. You might as well go with the Reduced reach kit that they specifically sell for the FXSB if that is your preferred handlebar height. The Reduced reach was the only one available last month but now they have Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar-55800252 in chrome, which is 14" but I don't know if the riser it come with is the same as stock (4 inch rise and offset back 1 inch), or if its the CVO riser (1 or 2 inch rise, no offset). Hoping they release this in gloss black to match stock bar scheme.
So I settled on 12 in. Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser-56832-04B in black...more problems. How stupid is this - the bars are satin black, and the riser is gloss black in the same height as stock, only straight; the riser will not work with the stock top clamp due to a skirt interfering.
So for the moment I am using the satin black mini ape bars on stock riser/clamp. Not crazy about apes on an offset riser but its growing on me with the stock beefy risers. if it turns out that this setup is the same height as the 55800252 then I may purchase that over the winter and powder coat the bars gloss to get back to stock scheme.

Attached Thumbnails Non CVO Breakout prices?-bars-fitment.jpg   Non CVO Breakout prices?-bars-fitment-front.jpg   Non CVO Breakout prices?-bike-handlebar-mods.jpg   Non CVO Breakout prices?-bike-handlebar-mods-2.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 PM
HellsHavoc
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 504ENGINEER
I believe I had the first one. Bought mine from Cajun on 04/02.
I should have did my business with Shawn at Cajun. I'm from Maurice, but I'm working in Mobile, AL at the moment.

I will NEVER deal with Baton Rouge Harley again, but end the end, they had the bike. It was a tough decision, but I had to have it :P

Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 PM
teegunn
6th Gear

Well got my deal done on the red Breakout. It was smooth and easy. Basically $500 below MSRP, no dealer add on fee's. I made out well on trading my 2009 Suzuki M50 also. I can say I am very happy with Copper Canyon Harley in Butte, MT. I did not bring the bike home as it is 47 degree's and has been raining all day. Not thunderstorms but a real set-in wet day. May be that way for several days. Ohh well, patience is a virtue.

I am working a deal with them for the Vance and Hines big radius black 2 into 2. Also working on the best setup with bars/risers. I will probably put a swingarm saddle bag on also. Beyond that, right now I don't think the bike needs anything but me riding it. I will be posting pictures before and after mods, athough I am not doing a ton of modding out of the box. Big props and appreciation to everyone who has chimed in to this thread!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:12 PM
teegunn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Got mine for MSRP in Charlotte, NC. Heavy Breather. I wanted VH Straight Shots to keep the stock look of the pipes, but they won't fit so I settled for Bassani Slip ons and I think I can use the stock Harley heat shields to keep that gloss black look.
I also tried the Wide Glide bars on stock riser AND Wide Glide riser setups and did not like it, and went through a lot of time and aggravation...the FXDWG riser is black but the FXSB top clamp/gauge mount is chrome. You might as well go with the Reduced reach kit that they specifically sell for the FXSB if that is your preferred handlebar height. The Reduced reach was the only one available last month but now they have Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar-55800252 in chrome, which is 14" but I don't know if the riser it come with is the same as stock (4 inch rise and offset back 1 inch), or if its the CVO riser (1 or 2 inch rise, no offset). Hoping they release this in gloss black to match stock bar scheme.
So I settled on 12 in. Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser-56832-04B in black...more problems. How stupid is this - the bars are satin black, and the riser is gloss black in the same height as stock, only straight; the riser will not work with the stock top clamp due to a skirt interfering.
So for the moment I am using the satin black mini ape bars on stock riser/clamp. Not crazy about apes on an offset riser but its growing on me with the stock beefy risers. if it turns out that this setup is the same height as the 55800252 then I may purchase that over the winter and powder coat the bars gloss to get back to stock scheme.

Appreciate all the info in your post! This is exactly the dilemma I am trying to solve - which bars and risers are the best fit/feel and function. And how do they look. For some reason I am not able to open your jpg's - I don't know why - maybe because I just registered yesterday to this site. I would really like to be able to view the pics you posted and will try to see if an administrator can help me. Again, thanks for posting all the helpful info!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

At the risk of sounding like an idiot (I've never bought a bike new from a dealer) when yall say you got the bike, pipes, A/C, etc for MSRP, you mean you purchased the add-ons separately and had them install it after paying MSRP for the bike?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Killer Squirrel
At the risk of sounding like an idiot (I've never bought a bike new from a dealer) when yall say you got the bike, pipes, A/C, etc for MSRP, you mean you purchased the add-ons separately and had them install it after paying MSRP for the bike?
Not I. I paid MSRP for the bike - period, and had all the extra goodies included in the price. Pipes, A/C, and ecm flash were included in the sale.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

Wow that's pretty badass... I wonder how much of a chance I have of that here in the Houston area... It's awesome seeing all these new Breakout owners, glad you guys are liking it!

Quick Reply: Non CVO Breakout prices?