Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Breakout prices?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Even with the scratched gas cap?
The scratched one....the one that kind of fit....and the brand new one!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just speculation but I would think with the release of the "standard" Breakout (non-CVO) that a lot of riders would opted for the much less expensive version of the two. I mean, if I can get most everything that I want (tires, wheels, handlebars, fenders, tank, etc.) for 8 or 9 grand less, then I'm definately going with the FXSB. Sure the CVO Breakout is great, but I'll save a ton of cash going with the standard. Thus, I think some of those CVO Breakout may be sitting on the showroom floors for a while longer (because the less expensive model is now available).

Old 06-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
I had a guy offer me $30k for mine with the tune and Big Radius pipes and I told him no...so there are people out there that want them. I actually paid $26,043, which is under MSRP....to be honest, if I saw that guy again and he offered me the same amount, I'd sell it. Tax on $26500 and all of the BS gets you to $29,500-ish OTD....so I guess at $32000 it's not THAT far off.
I bought my rocker brand new when the economy was bad...brought in five grand in hundreds and fifths to assist in the negotiation...LOL. I put on the desk right in front of the sales rep to torture them...I paid $16,650 plus the doc fee...I usually refuse to pay carp like that, should be in your price...but they ate both the shipping and setup, which went down hard for them...LOL. every time they said they could not due something, I would pick up the money to go...they would not let the money go out the door...LOL. good luck, May the force be with you. Ps last business day of the year and a leftover they want off the books...best time to negotiate with cash.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:51 AM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain

I offered MSRP out the door ($26,499) to 2 local dealers. Neither actually had the bike in stock but had shipping dates.

One said flat out NO. The other came back with your typical ad-on charges. Freight, setup, license & registration. Came to about $1800 over MSRP. Salesman said that was the best he could do over the phone, but if I came in there may be some wiggle room.

Another dealer told me his CVO Breakout order that was supposed to show up in the next 10 days had been cancelled by the MoCo.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a silver/Slate CVO in Winston Salem, NC. But their stock on the non-CVO's is steadily getting bigger.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Default Msrp

When I lived in the Midwest ("tornado alley") I bought a new Harley from a dealership that also sold other brands of bikes. There was no "freight, set-up/dealer prep, or any other add ons". I got a great price, paid about $12.00 for doc fees (to get the title over in my name) and was out the door. I did have to go by the DMV to get my own tags/registration (which turned out to be fairly cheap after all). If your state, where you are registering the bike, collects taxes, you would pay them at the time you got your tags.
This dealership has been around for a long, long time and stays in business year after year without charging dealer prep and shipping crap.

So as I see it, other dealers that try to charge those fees are just getting 100% profit added to the deal. (JMO)

Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 AM
texaszman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=So as I see it, other dealers that try to charge those fees are just getting 100% profit added to the deal. (JMO) [/QUOTE]

Every North Texas Dealer I bargained with on the Breakout would not back down from charging freight and setup fees although they would talk slight discount. The bikes are simply selling too well....

Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by Overcast
Just speculation but I would think with the release of the "standard" Breakout (non-CVO) that a lot of riders would opted for the much less expensive version of the two. I mean, if I can get most everything that I want (tires, wheels, handlebars, fenders, tank, etc.) for 8 or 9 grand less, then I'm definately going with the FXSB. Sure the CVO Breakout is great, but I'll save a ton of cash going with the standard.Thus, I think some of those CVO Breakout may be sitting on the showroom floors for a while longer (because the less expensive model is now available).
I highly doubt that. Hell,any CVO around here doesn't sit on the showroom floor.