Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun Shock Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013 | 02:21 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

Point taken...

Old 05-16-2013 | 05:25 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I haven't seen a lot of anything on here that someone or another has not had issues with sooner or later. I myself have been problem free right from the install, had it a year now. What does matter to me is how I am treated after the sale of a product. As far as that goes I have yet to see one single customer dissatisfied with the service they got after the sale from JD. It's unmatched.
Absolutely. No product is perfect, and J.D. doesn't hand craft the relays. I wish he made everything because what he does do is stand behind anything he sells 100%, and you surely can't say that about most other manufacturers/retailers. Air ride is expensive, no matter who makes it, so that pretty much leaves it up to dependability and customer service (I won't bash any product I don't own, Legends, Arnott, Platinum). Even if his shocks aren't perfect, his customer service more than makes up for it and has made me his customer for as long as he is in business.

No offense to anyone here, but the people complaining will always be more vocal than those that are satisfied. I'm not even sure why anyone asks for help on the forum for these shocks, all you get is opinions/guesses about what's wrong. Everyone that owns these should save themselves the time and just call J.D for anything related to the product. You'll get your problem solved faster than waiting for a bunch of guys on the internet to give you their $.02.

Old 05-16-2013 | 05:44 PM
El Demonio Escondido
Intermediate

I crushed my relay when I slammed the bike down for the first time. I got a new one at NAPA for a few bucks. It is a very common design.

Old 05-16-2013 | 05:59 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by beasleyiv

No offense to anyone here, but the people complaining will always be more vocal than those that are satisfied.
^^^^Ding ding, we have a winner

To the OP just give JD a call and he'll get you squared away.

Old 05-16-2013 | 05:59 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

for $1500 all of the components should be top of the line with very limited issues...Like has been stated here a million times, its awesome that JD knows his **** and will send you out new parts overnight, but I might suggest he look into the vendors he is getting his components from and perhaps do some upgrading.

Old 05-16-2013 | 06:27 PM
Krieg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MikeZ
I see lots of posts explaining how great the service is with these shocks, but there are also many product issues being reported. This leaves me wary.
Yep. The precise reason why I haven't invested the cash.

Old 05-16-2013 | 06:27 PM
Leech1107
|
Tourer

thanks guys for the heads up. I am quite aware of JD's service to his customers. But I am also asking what other people did with there relay mounting/routing. It helps to know what other people have done since i installed myself i only have experience with one unit for wire routing and what not.

Old 05-16-2013 | 07:30 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I have to say but I've had mine on for over 4 years now and no issues what so ever. I think some may be caused by the wire routing. JMO. one thing to look at is the battery connections and make sure they are good cause poor connections can cause many issues with the componets...

Old 05-16-2013 | 07:33 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
for $1500 all of the components should be top of the line with very limited issues...Like has been stated here a million times, its awesome that JD knows his **** and will send you out new parts overnight, but I might suggest he look into the vendors he is getting his components from and perhaps do some upgrading.
$1500 for the shocks and 20k for the bike and the bike can have issues too. It's a global economy today so half or more than half of the parts that used to be made here are no longer. The companies have gone out of business so good parts are sometimes hard to come by, just saying

Old 05-16-2013 | 07:56 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Check your connections, as far as issues I haven't seen any issues other then a few loose connection, easy fix. I have installed 2 of them so far and they are a great product. Don't bash until you actually own one.

Quick Reply: Shotgun Shock Issues!