Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hand made leather sissy bar bag. -BUILD PICS-

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013 | 12:09 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by goats
good job man.

i have some experience working leather so i have some idea of what is involved and the doubts along the way.

tandy is a good place for leather and hardware, also used another company i was happy with (quality and price) if i find the old order books ill pass the name along.

saddle bags next ?
Not for me but there is a guy that wants me to make him a solo saddle bag for his Triumph Bonneville. I've got some other people expressing interest in some other things. So it looks like I might be getting busy with this.

Old 05-12-2013 | 12:47 PM
scuba1960
Advanced
Default RIP - Fantastic GRACE Additions!!

Your leather work looks great and definitely adds the custom touches to your sweet ride!

I'm in the middle of my Bagger transformation. I have been trying to find a console pouch, now that I removed my CB/Intercom plate. If you are interested in some more leather work I would email details.

Old 05-12-2013 | 01:00 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior

Righteous work my friend, you should be very proud of your work, I'm sure your mom is.

It's getting more and more dificult to find folks willing to do the work to make what they want either by necessity or will to step outside the box, Enjoy the new bag.

Old 05-12-2013 | 06:08 PM
tootall61
Advanced

Nice work brother! I've done some leather work myself. It all starts with an idea and a good pattern. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-12-2013 | 09:13 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scuba1960
Your leather work looks great and definitely adds the custom touches to your sweet ride!

I'm in the middle of my Bagger transformation. I have been trying to find a console pouch, now that I removed my CB/Intercom plate. If you are interested in some more leather work I would email details.
I am interested in seeing what we can work out. PM sent.
Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
Righteous work my friend, you should be very proud of your work, I'm sure your mom is.

It's getting more and more dificult to find folks willing to do the work to make what they want either by necessity or will to step outside the box, Enjoy the new bag.
I'm enjoying it very much. My bike is my daily ride and having more room is great. My Grandfather was a master leather worker, so my Mom is very proud lol.
Originally Posted by tootall61
Nice work brother! I've done some leather work myself. It all starts with an idea and a good pattern. Keep up the good work.
I have some more ideas also. Glad to see others dabbling in a dying art.

Old 05-12-2013 | 10:08 PM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser

That bag looks good, and you make it all sound so easy. Maybe when I transfer back to the mainland I'll see what I have available to me. How easy was stamping out the tank bib? I think if I did give it a try I'd start with something like that first. I'm not artistic, but I'm sure I could trace something off a photo.

Old 05-12-2013 | 10:28 PM
SOUTH_TX_DEUCE
Advanced

Great work on the bag
After seeing your work on the bib I started looking at some videos on leather works
I'm wanting to make some nice bags for my deuce.
Great work

Old 05-12-2013 | 11:19 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DirtyThirty
That bag looks good, and you make it all sound so easy. Maybe when I transfer back to the mainland I'll see what I have available to me. How easy was stamping out the tank bib? I think if I did give it a try I'd start with something like that first. I'm not artistic, but I'm sure I could trace something off a photo.
It's not hard but it's a lot of work and it takes patience. I Meade mistakes, but took my time, went back, and fixed it. Take your time and keep your cool, and you might be amazed at what you can do.
Originally Posted by SOUTH_TX_DEUCE
Great work on the bag
After seeing your work on the bib I started looking at some videos on leather works
I'm wanting to make some nice bags for my deuce.
Great work
I'd like to see what you come up with!

Working the leather is fun. The more you do it, the more you'll get the feel for the leather. I'm not an expert, but I learn fast and I'm not afraid to try anything. The bag was expensive though, just for materials. I did it because there is a guy that wants me to make him a bag, but needed to know I could. I considered it an investment.

Old 05-12-2013 | 11:39 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member

Id like to add that you have done an great job on your bag. Thanks for posting the pictures. I may have to try this in the near future. These are the kind of post I really enjoy seeing here. Thanks!

Old 05-13-2013 | 01:19 AM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
It's not hard but it's a lot of work and it takes patience. I Meade mistakes, but took my time, went back, and fixed it. Take your time and keep your cool, and you might be amazed at what you can do.
Well I have plenty time on my hands so may have to give it a shot. Also if all goes well maybe try my hand at something a little more technical. By the way thanks for taking the time to write it up to inspire the creativity in others.

Quick Reply: Hand made leather sissy bar bag. -BUILD PICS-