Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped 2012 Fatoby Lo :-(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013 | 03:40 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kephran
I have no idea what that is. Examples? the Engine Guard.

Also really looking for insight on if I got all the parts for the replacement right.

And the lights/handlebar shift lever -- can't find them on HD.com for a reference part number so having a hard time finding anything.

Nascarfan - thanks for that site! It's working on finding part numbers to my 103 FLSFTB. Good stuff there.

Link to Engine Gruard.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-07-4902302--1

Old 05-09-2013 | 04:01 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

This link will take you to a Harley parts finder site. You can order from them or just look up parts numbers.

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...partfinder.htm

Old 05-09-2013 | 08:21 PM
spydyr
Road Captain

I've dropped my FB twice at 0 mph..... both on the left and both for ignorant reasons. Total damage = $0.00 It rested nicely on the footboard bracket without actually falling all the way over.

Old 05-09-2013 | 09:39 PM
Kephran
|
Novice

Originally Posted by spydyr
I've dropped my FB twice at 0 mph..... both on the left and both for ignorant reasons. Total damage = $0.00 It rested nicely on the footboard bracket without actually falling all the way over.
That's what happened to me a year ago and I was happily surprised.

What happened this time was I stayed attached to the bike which was my weight + a 40 lb backpack filled with military gear. Since I couldn't get my foot off the bike I stayed on it like a pendulum and gave the fulcrum enough to pop the footboard up and bring the bike over the rest of the way.

Thanks for links to engine guards all!

Any recommendations or links on exact replacements for the left shift leaver would help. I found the replacement light thanks to another post in this thread. One item left to find.

Old 05-09-2013 | 09:59 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

The link I posted earlier should give parts numbers and exploded views of just about every part and component of you bike. Shift lever should be there. Also once you get all you parts numbers together look at Newcastle HD for a good discount on parts order. http://shop.newcastlehd.com/content/...son-line-store

Old 05-09-2013 | 10:12 PM
threadstopper
Cruiser
Default farken biker stirrups

might want to consider a set of these would have prevented the whole debacle

http://www.faarken.com/

Old 05-09-2013 | 11:20 PM
Not2slim
Advanced

Check ebay, you can find a lot of original take off parts from people upgrading to aftermarket. Might save you some coin.

Old 05-10-2013 | 12:00 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Good luck, man. Sorry to hear that.

Just an observation from the peanut gallery: take that rear shifter off if you don't use it.

Also, engineer boots are great to prevent this. The shaft of the boot is full enough to fill up your pant leg, so there's no excess for anything to catch on.

Amazes me how well all that old riding gear works.

Old 05-10-2013 | 12:30 AM
Kephran
|
Novice

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to prevent.

I wasn't sure if I could remove the kicker or not, but that was kind of my initial gut feeling after I caught it the first time. Guess I'll figure out how to remove it!

Can anyone comment on the difference between the primary cover, chrome and the primary cover, chrome kit? The kit looks like it has more parts, but costs less. I could be wrong about this, but it's another $50 off the part if it will work to replace my primary cover.

Still cannot find a 301 (black) original derby plate. Any suggestions?

Mis -- will take a look for the shifter there. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2013 | 12:42 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Quick Reply: Dropped 2012 Fatoby Lo :-(