Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered with SS , now belt rubbing . mmm.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013 | 10:55 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Is this just a Train issue because I ride my Deluxe slammed with just a tad of rebound and I never rub, never bottom out, nothing! I have had no issues and since day one it's been sweet as candy. In fact, I have not heard of anyone having any issues until klf33 got his used set, which I thought got replaced. Oh well, still the best mod on my bike and that says a lot since the only things stock on my bike is the frame, the tins and the wheels. Well, even though they have tint added my lights are stock too. I am more than happy with mine, the price, the value, the benefit's and the performance. I would buy another one tomorrow if I bought a 2nd bike, 3rd, 4th or 5th too.
I am starting to think it is not the bike model.. but probably just me LOL

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:05 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Is your rebound switch not working? Why is it you must stop to adjust it?

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:13 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
Is your rebound switch not working? Why is it you must stop to adjust it?
My experience so far has been that the bike gets too mushy when it is raised, I am still trying to figure this one out

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:14 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Well good luck on figuring it out and getting it running like all us other guys who have no issues. It's really fun and I only hope it's as much fun for you someday and soon now that riding season is upon us. I have at least another 2 weeks of waiting, if not 3.

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:23 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Well good luck on figuring it out and getting it running like all us other guys who have no issues. It's really fun and I only hope it's as much fun for you someday and soon now that riding season is upon us. I have at least another 2 weeks of waiting, if not 3.
Thanks TBone .. I am still trying to figure this one out

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:24 AM
Branner
Road Warrior

KLF: Man, the bike looks fantastic, I hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for the run down on the Pro One tree's and SS, very useful info for everyone on the forum. Very cool to take the time to do that, man.

As for the rubbing, a few of the guys on the Night Train forum dealt with your issue. Some chose to deal with it, others found a fix. Personally, I have an 18" rear wheel and chain drive and have NO PROBLEM with rubbing. Maybe it's wheel size?? I know everyone on that thread would love to see your bike, so stop in and post some pics and ask your question there. Who knows, you might get an answer there that you haven't gotten here.

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:27 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Branner
KLF: Man, the bike looks fantastic, I hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for the run down on the Pro One tree's and SS, very useful info for everyone on the forum. Very cool to take the time to do that, man.

As for the rubbing, a few of the guys on the Night Train forum dealt with your issue. Some chose to deal with it, others found a fix. Personally, I have an 18" rear wheel and chain drive and have NO PROBLEM with rubbing. Maybe it's wheel size?? I know everyone on that thread would love to see your bike, so stop in and post some pics and ask your question there. Who knows, you might get an answer there that you haven't gotten here.
Thanks Banner, I am flattered, you mean the Night Train Photo Thread ? that thread is AWESOME .. I think I spent more time on it than any other thread, with bikes like TX, Story808 and others.tiq
I am worried though about etiquette of considering posting there a 'thread highjack'.. just thinking out loud here.. if you think it is OK I would do that

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:33 AM
Branner
Road Warrior

Hey there, Mr. I'm a train owner and practically live on that thread, consider this an invitation! The guys on that thread (me included) will love what you've done, come on over!

Old 05-06-2013 | 12:34 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Is this just a Train issue because I ride my Deluxe slammed with just a tad of rebound and I never rub, never bottom out, nothing! I have had no issues and since day one it's been sweet as candy. In fact, I have not heard of anyone having any issues until klf33 got his used set, which I thought got replaced. Oh well, still the best mod on my bike and that says a lot since the only things stock on my bike is the frame, the tins and the wheels. Well, even though they have tint added my lights are stock too. I am more than happy with mine, the price, the value, the benefit's and the performance. I would buy another one tomorrow if I bought a 2nd bike, 3rd, 4th or 5th too.
Tony, running it 'slammed' is, by definition, bottomed out. I'm confused. Does Shotgun 'slammed' not sit on the bumpers? I guess our definition of slammed differs, heh. Just curious...

Old 05-06-2013 | 01:07 PM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

TBONE my buddy ,
We found the answer as usual from the good guys in the Night Train thread thanks folks ...

Seems that prior to 2005 bikes ran different front/rear sprocket combination, (probably related to the introduction of the 6 speed in 2006).

Our 'older' sprockets set the belt higher hence the rubbing situation.

It seems sprocket change is in order but according to everybody, I can go at least 15-20K before the belt is in danger and then replace sprocket.

I will try to minimize the rubbing in the mean while .

Quick Reply: Lowered with SS , now belt rubbing . mmm.