Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

124 tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 124 tune

Im in the middle of building a S&S 124 for my 2011 Fatboy and getting toward the end, have tuning questions on my mind. I'm going with the Power Vision and already have the wide band auto tune to go with it. Called Fuel Moto and they have the tool but no tunes for that motor. Called Dyno Jet and they dont have a canned tune either but will write one for me after I send them my stock tune and all the upgrades. I know there's a bunch of these motors running around so guess they're all custom tunes done on a dyno? If that's the case does anyone have results of DJ writing them a tune and the autotune fine tuning it. Does anyone know if that will wring the best out of it or will I be able to adjust by figuring out the data logging. I'm not the sharpest pin in the cushion but hopefully it will be user friendly enough that I won't smoke my very expensive motor.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:55 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Snowyone,

You have an interesting situation. I believe you're in the area where much experimentation will be required. Unfortunately possibly many dollars also. Talking with Dynojet myself in the past, they seem to be a company that is willing to work with their customers and I don't believe writing code for your engine should be to difficult for them. If Dynojet is willing to work with you, I say go for it.

The SE Pro Race Tuner has a field where displacement can be manually entered which in-turn alters the programs fuel mode resulting in an adjusted AFR. The Power Vision must has something similar in their programming. Just out of curiosity, have you also investigated the Thundermax?

I'll be very interested in your final results. Please keep us updated.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with the DynoJet tune for the first 500 miles or so and then get it in for a dyno tune.