Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013 | 01:36 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I am glad I'm not a member of this club and I don't ever want to be either. You two got lucky, or something, carcruiser1955! I am sure some would say it was a miracle and that God did not deem it was not your two's time to go. I believe in the ladder. Did you have a helmet on, any 3 of you including the OP, and did they get hit? I know this don't go over well but I have not had a helmet on since the mid to late 70's. I don't even own one! All I can say is I hope it never happens to me and as that old saying goes, "There go I but for the grace of God"! I haven't seen too many bike accidents but none of the ones I have seen and witnessed, none of them looked any good at all. I had the misfortune of seeing a guy take his last ride, right there in front of me.
tbonetony06, I had a helmet on both times and if it wasn't for the helmet the first time down would have been my last. Full face was busted after the jerks hit me head on. I wear a full face all the time...

Old 05-02-2013 | 01:44 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Man....glad you are okay! Glad you weren't going faster when it happened. Damn...just when you got the bike back together too.

This is why I always wear a jacket, gloves, boots, slider jeans ...and a helmet!

Old 05-02-2013 | 02:05 PM
brettnbama
|
Ultimate HDF Member

I was wearing a biltwell dot, but didn't hit my head. Insurance is going to cover all of it. I was wearing jeans, mechanics gloves, a heavy wool jacket that looks like a flannel, and leather chucks. I got out of it pretty solid considering. Luckily I have been falling out of airplanes for the Army for 19 years. Hitting the dirt is something I am good at. Lol

If it was going to happen, glad it was when I was going 30. Five minutes before I was on I-575 doing 80....

Old 05-02-2013 | 11:29 PM
diverg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
tbonetony06, I had a helmet on both times and if it wasn't for the helmet the first time down would have been my last. Full face was busted after the jerks hit me head on. I wear a full face all the time...
Glad you're ok. I have to assume the jerks didn't come away without any injuries. Hopefully they had some consequences with the law.

Old 05-02-2013 | 11:36 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Scary to think about, a bolt backing out and locking you up like that. I too am glad you're okay. I belong to the club too, just not on my Bones.

Old 05-03-2013 | 07:00 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by brettnbama
... Luckily I have been falling out of airplanes for the Army for 19 years...
Very happy you walked away with minimal injuries. Hopefully the repairs happen in a timely fashion and your back in the wind when the nice weather (finally) gets here.

I work at Fort Hood and soldier deaths from motorcycle accidents have increased dramatically. The garrison commander is taking it VERY seriously. Last riding season they were doing monthly bike checks and mandatory training to help assure everyone is riding as safely as they can be.

Old 05-03-2013 | 08:31 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Glad you are OK. Sorry to hear about the bike.

Old 05-03-2013 | 08:52 AM
matiaspaz
Stage I

Glad you are all right. Donīt worry about the bike, which is important is that you are alive to build up a new one.

Last edited by matiaspaz; 05-03-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-03-2013 | 09:00 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

I'm so sorry to read this Brett. Just damn.

Old 05-13-2013 | 01:21 PM
timedrapery
Intermediate

I'm glad you're alright! This definitely isn't the first thing I wanted to hear after looking you up!

This is Alex from back in Kosovo. I tried to send you a PM on here but it didn't work, I imagine it's because I'm new to the site. I'm going to check out your Crossbones Part II thread and see what plans you have.

If you can, PM me, I have some questions for you and I'd like to get your email again!

Respect,
Alex

Quick Reply: Joined the club