Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Chrome..Be Careful!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Bloozmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK..I have an update on this situation...I received a call from JP Cycles who said that the washers are NOT part of the kit, and they have no access to washers to send me that I could use.

The stock bolts that came out of the bearing case had a washer permanently attached to them, so IMO washers should have been provided. Also, the case itself has indentations where the washer should sit. Replacing the stock bolts with the Custom Chrome bolts minus the washers actually makes the bike look worse instead of better. We buy this stuff to make our bikes look better, not worse..

All this could have been avoided if JP Cycle would have actually posted an accurate picture of the bolt kit on it's website instead of a picture of some random bolts with their usual disclaimer of accuracy.. . If I would have seen the actually kit on line showing that the washers weren't included, I never would have purchased the bolt kit in the 1st place.

So to sum this up. Custom Chrome can kiss my behind, and JP Cycle is now on the bubble. Any item that has their common disclaimer of " this may not be the actual item" under it, won't be going into my shopping cart! I just purchased a bunch on Gardner-Westcott hardware from Dennis Kirk. I hear they have an excellent reputation.

Word to the wise people..

Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis Kirk is good but the same thing could have happened with them.

Come on, neither JP, Dennis Kirk, nor any of the other big ones are rip off artist or they wouldn't be as successful as they've been.

When you saw they had no washers, why didn't you just return them, case closed, and shopped with someone else?
Or gone to Ace and bought 8 washers? Couldn't be too expensive. Seems like much ado about nothing that couldn't be cured without all the vitriol and name calling.

Last edited by atlantaallen; 05-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Bloozmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ace has black chrome washers that are smaller diameter than a regular flat washer?..Tell me which Ace has them and I will get em. I never called JP cycle a rip off artist..I merely said they should do a better job of representing what they sell...And why return a 19 dollar purchase that would cost 6 dollars to do so? No one name called anyone...You make no sense my friend. Next time,try reading the posts before commenting. You're clueless!

Last edited by Bloozmann; 05-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry. You still seem angry. Have a good week end.