Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16" Gangster's.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 16" Gangster's.

This is more of a comment than an add to sell something because I am not fully 100% sure yet which way I want to go so don't go off on me. If they do come up for sale then I will post them in the appropriate place if and when that time comes. I have a brand new set of 16", 1.5" Gangsters that I might be looking to unload. They are still in the box. I FINALLY seen a bike with Gangster apes on it, after I bought mine of course. I am not 100% sure what size they were though as the owner of the bike wasn't there at the shop when I seen them for me to be able to talk to him about them. I sat on the bike to see how they felt, with permission from the shop owner of course because the bike was one of his friends and he knew he wouldn't mind me sitting on it real quick to get a feel for those particular Apes. I would never just hop on a bike that wasn't mine. I am going to run down there tomorrow with a tape measure and see. If his are the 16" Apes like the ones I just bought then I think they may be a tad to tall for me with the shoulder issues I have. I will be looking to off load them so I can go with the 14" Gangster's instead. If this does come to pass and play out like that then I will have a new set of 16" Gangsters for sale. I will also say this and most probably won't agree with this method but I have done business with a few guys here on other items for sale and it worked out just fine. I am not into all this Paypal stuff. An example would be the 2nd stock seat I bought off of a guy from this site. If anyone would ever want his name to verify that then I will get ahold of him and ask him if I can give out his site I.D. so that you could talk to him. He sent me the seat and I sent him a check. I got the seat and it was what he said it was, in great shape and he got his check and cashed it, the check was good of course. Maybe I am still a bit to naive but I still put trust in some people when it comes to certain things. I have not met to many Harley guy's who are liars, thieves and cheats. If I continue to do business this way I hope no one ever proves me wrong either. So, does anyone have any pictures of your bike if you have the 14" Gangsters on it, maybe even with you on the bike? If you do and you post them, thanks in advance for your time and effort in trying to help me out. I finally got permission to ride from my Doctor if I stay close in town. I don't want to fool around as this winter mod thing really has not worked out to well for me with everything that has and will be happening. I want it up and running like yesterday, I am BORED to death with just sitting around waiting, watching and hearing everyone else out and about riding.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 04-29-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 AM
elizer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im 6 ft, i went with the 14 in pist apes from carlini and 1.5 in biltwell risers. Its exactly perfect for me. If im slouching is above my shoulders if i am sitting up proper its level. I know you got a backrest on yours so i think if i had that i would be riding level all the the time.

I hear you on the paypal, I try not to use them because they are notoriously anti-gun.
Ive done a lot of purchases off gunbroker and its almost ALWAYS Certified check or money orders. Its a bit of a coin toss but usually just gotta have a little bit of trust. Generally though some sort of security is always better than giving a bunch of blind trust.

And i hear ya on your winter mod thing. My bike is finally put back together to ride. I started the "winter mod" mid march and finally im done (still waiting for wheels though). Haha as i kept taking stuff off i found new things i wanted to buy so i kept adding on to it and the fact that im a crap mechanic so i basically put the tank on and off 3000 billion times cuz i kept forgetting to do stuff.

I think 14's would be good and if you wanted taller you could always just get a higher riser. But you could always mount it up then and see how you like it... maybe get some shorty risers to bring it down?

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5000892

Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
elizer
Road Captain

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/503-922

these are the ones i got and they were a lot cheaper hten on here

Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Any pictures Dude, maybe even 1 or 2 with you on the bike? I already have the 16's so I will just have to see how this plays out. I am really hoping that what was on the guys bike were the 18's or even the 20" bars. They seem awfully tall to be 16's but I hear they run tall so again, just have to wait and see what that guys bars measure out at.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM
JC0311
Road Captain

Mr Tbone, I have 14 inch Carlini 1.5 Gangster and im 5,07", with average arm lenght and they fit just right. Yeah 16 inch look a lil cooler cuz the curve on the Gangster apes is more prominent. Hers a pic of them, I am not going to take any pic of me on them sorry.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I should have pictures this weekend, if all my parts arrive. I have a feeling my service manual won't be here though.. and if that's the case, going to have to wait till the following weekend.

But I'm a bit concerned. I went with 14" 1.5" and I'm 5' 8". I hope they aren't to tall!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony my 16" 1.5 gangsters killed my shoulder. The 14" it get sore some times but moving it around while riding seems to alleviate that a bunch. The issue might just be the width more than anything else, some one on here mentioned that to me, but I haven't tried holding my hands closer together.

14s are pretty good for me though at 5'9 1/2"s.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM
elizer
Road Captain

tony no picks yet ill try to get some tonight ...MAYBE.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Earl IV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'1" with fairly broad shoulders, just put 16" 1.5's on my FB Lo. I have them pushed up (in line with the forks) and they are slightly above my shoulders when sitting straight up.

My bike is a 2010 so it has the really low seat (I think later Lo's come with std FB seat minus conchos) I was originally concerned with the width of the 1.5's but after several tests with a broom handle I got them anyway. I'm happy with the setup, 18's would have been too high and 14's just don't look "ape" enough IMO.

Last edited by Earl IV; 04-29-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I got some 16's on my heritage, I'll have my wife take some pics when I get home in about an hour or so. They are the 1.25" not the .5" but you should get an idea of height.

Quick Reply: 16" Gangster's.