Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun Shock alternative switches

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013 | 11:01 AM
jstr1511
Intermediate
Question switch location

Originally Posted by tomnkim
Very nice and clean!!! I went with the dash approach, LOVE my Shotgun Shock!

Did this require modification of the switch or is there enough room to just drill and install?

Old 03-07-2015 | 10:13 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Andy-Deuce
I've just mounted 2 press button switches in my handle bar lever clamps the right side slams it and the left side brings up the height. Basically i've divided the left side switch (rebound switch) on the the original horn bracket into 2 separate switches. The other switch i will divide into 2 again with the same press button switches and will mount them in the console somewhere.

I drilled the clamps out, tapped them and countersunk the head into the clamps a bit being they are not flat. I then drilled the handle bars and internally wired them up.

I wanted to be able to slam the **** off her when i rock up without having to take my hands off the bars and mess around looking for the switch by the horn. Have a look for
I really like this..use your application for up and down, firm control switch stay at orig location

Old 03-08-2015 | 10:19 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know if anyone has thought of this before, especially those who always rides 2 up. I was talking to a buddy of mine a while back and he goes no where without his wife. He said he was tired of her always asking him to adjust the ride for her. I told him there were 3 options for him. 1) Ignore her but we all know that would come with a heavy price to pay. 2) have her get her own bike and 3) put the switches right behind him where he can easily reach them and she can also reach down to the switches and she can adjust it to her own comfort level.

I'm sure that will get a ton of negative replies but it is an option and he did do it! He says it works out pretty good and that comes with rules too, like never touch it when doing twisties or changing road conditions and when ever she goes to adjust it she has to tell him so hes ready or it. I'm not sure that I would do that but I also very seldom ride with a passenger.

Old 03-08-2015 | 10:34 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior

i think jd should offer switch mounting options so we wouldnt have to gather parts..
im interested in the mod that drills/taps the clamps on handlebars r/l .. something like that