Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013 | 07:54 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser
Default Another Breakout Owner!

I had been obsessing over the Breakout since HD Showed off the CVO Version last year. Saturday I saw that HD Had released a non cvo model so yesterday I went to check it out and ended up trading in for one :-D.

Update 1:

Pegs, Reflectors removed, Rush Slipons

Last edited by crawlgsx; 05-07-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2013 | 07:57 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

Congrats on it. So what are your plans for mods?

Old 04-16-2013 | 08:08 AM
lupus
Tourer

Which color did you get?

Old 04-16-2013 | 08:14 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

I should think the first mod is to get a smaller number plate keep the one you've got you'll be in danger of catching things with it, didn't think you Americans had big plates like that, looks a nice bike though.

Old 04-16-2013 | 08:40 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by magna
I should think the first mod is to get a smaller number plate keep the one you've got you'll be in danger of catching things with it, didn't think you Americans had big plates like that, looks a nice bike though.
It is just a paper temp plate, My real plate is only 4 characters and a little smaller.

Last edited by crawlgsx; 04-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2013 | 08:41 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lupus
Which color did you get?
Big Blue Pearl.

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
Congrats on it. So what are your plans for mods?

My first mods will be fuel controller and exhaust. More than likely I will be going with the Cobra PowerPro autotuner and a vance and hines big radius 2 in to 2, but I'm early in the research stage right now .

Actually my FIRST mod will probably be removing the reflectors from the forks when I get home from work today.

Last edited by crawlgsx; 04-16-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-16-2013 | 08:42 AM
prldrm
Tourer

Good lookin' new ride!

Old 04-16-2013 | 08:51 AM
lupus
Tourer

Originally Posted by crawlgsx

Actually my FIRST mod will probably be removing the reflectors from the forks when I get home from work today.
That's the right answer.

Old 04-16-2013 | 09:13 AM
HRCH
Cruiser

Conrgats on the Breakout. I did the same thing. I first saw the CVO Breakout around January. It was on H-D website. Then I made sure we went to the NY Bike show in January so I can see it. I sat on the CVO Breakout. It was so nice. But, I knew I could never justify myself spending that much money on a bike. Then, mid March, I saw a pic on H-D website. It was a standard Breakout. I was livin it. But, I knew I couldn't just get it because I just got my WG last year. So, I went to the dealer to order some parts for the WG, and there it was, a Black Breakout. I couldn't stop looking at it. My wife saw the look in my eyes, and then she asked if I liked it and I said. "yes I do, very much" So, she simply said, you should get it. So, the next day, we went back and bought it. We traded in my 2012 Wide Glide and have no regrets at all.

You will love it. It's a really nice bike. To me, it's so much different than what I had. In my opinion it's the nicest looking softail for 2013. Pricey though, but it's still nice.

BTW, what did you trade in?

Enjoy your bike, safe riding.

Last edited by HRCH; 04-16-2013 at 09:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cgoyette (01-07-2024)
Old 04-16-2013 | 09:31 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HRCH
You will love it. It's a really nice bike. To me, it's so much different than what I had. In my opinion it's the nicest looking softail for 2013. Pricey though, but it's still nice.

BTW, what did you trade in?

Enjoy your bike, safe riding.
I am really enjoying it so far!

I had a 2011 Honda Fury, my first bike. I really enjoyed the ride (after replacing the seat) and was comfortable but the 1300cc just wasn't doing it for me .

I love the style of the Breakout and can't wait to start putting some money in to her to give it the sound I want and a little better riding position (i'm only 5'10 so I have to lean forward a bit to reach the bars).

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!