Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013 | 09:48 PM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xwino
Great investment! They are plug and play. They pop right in just like the original lightbulb with the same turn lock. The covers are now smoked not red and orange. The front run white and provide a great deal of peripheral road lighting at night! They turn orange (as in picture) when turning. The rear run red for running lights but are three times as bright as stock when the brakes are applied. If you do not have security system there is no need for load equalizer. I am guessing if you have a CVO with security you may need one to compensate because LEDS have a lower amp draw.
Love it! I personally want to replace the black bulb housing in the front with chrome to match the rear, but the smoked covers look great!

Old 05-15-2013 | 09:55 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default replacing turnsignals with chrome or black buckets

Chris I agree with you it seemed odd the factory chose to use black bullet signals on the front and black on the rear! If you buy new ones from The Dealership or even go on Ebay they will cost you a lot (hundred dollars is what HD stands for.) They are metal and can be chromed or powder coated! I changed my rear ones for about $20.

Old 05-15-2013 | 10:01 AM
Xube
Road Warrior

Interesting no one has complained about the seat. I like it's looks- how's the comfort? You've given me build ideas, but I promise not to copy it exactly. Wouldn't want to wear the same dress to the party.

Old 05-15-2013 | 10:04 AM
Krieg
Cruiser

Jeez, I gotta stop looking at these Breakout threads before something bad happens to my wallet!

Nice bike by the way!

Old 05-15-2013 | 10:53 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Xube
Interesting no one has complained about the seat. I like it's looks- how's the comfort? You've given me build ideas, but I promise not to copy it exactly. Wouldn't want to wear the same dress to the party.
I don't have tons to compare to but I like it.

the stock Honda Fury seat was awful, close to a brick more than comfort. I replaced it with a C&C Gel seat and I find the stock Breakout seat just as comfortable. No back/tailbone/butt pains after riding for an hour+ straight.

I have also done shorter rides on an 09 SG and 10 Interstate with a Corbin, and I find the stock breakout seat more comfortable than both of those. I am happy with it.

Last edited by crawlgsx; 05-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2013 | 10:57 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xwino
Chris I agree with you it seemed odd the factory chose to use black bullet signals on the front and black on the rear! If you buy new ones from The Dealership or even go on Ebay they will cost you a lot (hundred dollars is what HD stands for.) They are metal and can be chromed or powder coated! I changed my rear ones for about $20.
How did you change the rear ones for $20?

Old 05-15-2013 | 12:59 PM
Brian W
Former Sponsor
Default Vance & Hines Big Radius

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
Thanks! I am quite happy with my decision.

Just cant wait to get some pipes on her, the stock Breakout is RIDICULOUSLY quiet. The guy I went to pick up my bike with has an 11' Honda Interstate with a stock exhaust and it is louder than the Breakout
Breakout owners, we have the Vance & Hines Big Radius in stock for your new bike. Listing our eBay link below and pictures. On sale for $699.95 shipped to your door. This of course will help with the sound issue. Call and mention this thread and I will give you an extra $20 off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANCE-HINES-...item5d3ee2059a

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-vhbreakout.jpg   Another Breakout Owner!-vhbreakout2.jpg   Another Breakout Owner!-vhbreakout3.jpg   Another Breakout Owner!-vhbreakout4.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013 | 01:13 PM
504ENGINEER
Advanced

Originally Posted by timg
Breakout owners, we have the Vance & Hines Big Radius in stock for your new bike. Listing our eBay link below and pictures. On sale for $699.95 shipped to your door. This of course will help with the sound issue. Call and mention this thread and I will give you an extra $20 off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANCE-HINES-...item5d3ee2059a
Gotta come better than that. Jaimie at fuelmoto $577.99 REGULAR PRICE. All day long.

Old 05-15-2013 | 02:41 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default the breakout seat

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I don't have tons to compare to but I like it.

the stock Honda Fury seat was awful, close to a brick more than comfort. I replaced it with a C&C Gel seat and I find the stock Breakout seat just as comfortable. No back/tailbone/butt pains after riding for an hour+ straight.

I have also done shorter rides on an 09 SG and 10 Interstate with a Corbin, and I find the stock breakout seat more comfortable than both of those. I am happy with it.
I really am not sure about the seat at this point in time. This is my fifth Softail and I have made a number of "IronButt" rides (1000 in less than 24 hours) on the stock seats in the past.
I had a LePera barebones with gel insert on my Nightrain and would love to put one on the Breakout as soon as they make one!
BTW: I am 62 years old so before anyone starts the Softails are not made to ride distances argument I will post pictures of me leaving Atlanta and showing up in Minneapolis the next day this summer. I DO feel the rail under my thigh on this seat and will either have the seat padded additionally at some point or raise the handle bars an inch to see if changing the ergonomics improves the feel.
I think if someone would come up with a 1 inch raise similar to this it would be perfect:

http://www.lachoppers.com/catalog/di...520/index.html

Old 05-15-2013 | 08:22 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Well an ill timed visit to the dealership, ended with me owning a breakout. They said something about a new bike. I said I'd trade for a Breakout if my payment didn't change much. Damn if they didn't work it out. Just waiting on a Black one to be delivered. Should be riding Sat. afternoon.

Sad thing is I just bought a 2010 Fat Bob in Jan. Trading it in now....But I love the look and the ride.

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!