Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:36 AM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain

I almost bought one yesterday, thankfully I had enough common sense to remember my heritage is paid for lol.

First thing I'd do is throw those hideous pipes in the trash.

Old 05-07-2013 | 07:35 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
I almost bought one yesterday, thankfully I had enough common sense to remember my heritage is paid for lol.

First thing I'd do is throw those hideous pipes in the trash.
Can't blame ya there.

The first thing I did was remove the reflectors, the 2nd thing I did was remove those ugly gloss black silencers.

Old 05-07-2013 | 07:40 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

Talking about the black exhaust shields? How does it look with em just removed?

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:35 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Killer Squirrel
Talking about the black exhaust shields? How does it look with em just removed?
I actually didn't try that, they were so damn awful quiet they had to go regardless.

I DID take the shield off one after I pulled them off the bike and it LOOKS like they might look "OK" that way but hard to tell off the bike. Definitely not ideal as they have some ugly rivets and such.

Old 05-07-2013 | 11:40 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default it never stops

I need to black out the brake pedal and shift linkage. When I look at the bike it jumps out at me as needing to be changed! I am replacing turn-signals this next weekend with Custom Dynamics LEDs for more lighting and smoked covers. As always photos to follow

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-me.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013 | 12:38 PM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xwino
I need to black out the brake pedal and shift linkage. When I look at the bike it jumps out at me as needing to be changed! I am replacing turn-signals this next weekend with Custom Dynamics LEDs for more lighting and smoked covers. As always photos to follow
Lookin good!

Old 05-14-2013 | 02:48 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Blacked out Breakout

The Local Dealership is using my bike in a video commercial this week so I went ahead and blacked out the brake pedal and shift linkage to make it more like my old Nightrain. I like it. it kind of is invisible now and visual attention is focused on the engine as it should be. As I have said before I have more ideas than I do money so there will more changes to come 9Black hot toppers to complete the stealth effect.) Pictures will follow

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-blackie.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013 | 02:53 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Custom Dynamic turnsignal lighting

Great investment! They are plug and play. They pop right in just like the original lightbulb with the same turn lock. The covers are now smoked not red and orange. The front run white and provide a great deal of peripheral road lighting at night! They turn orange (as in picture) when turning. The rear run red for running lights but are three times as bright as stock when the brakes are applied. If you do not have security system there is no need for load equalizer. I am guessing if you have a CVO with security you may need one to compensate because LEDS have a lower amp draw.

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-turn-orange.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013 | 03:15 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default stealth approach

Here's a shot with the brake pedal and fender rails blacked out. Do you see them? of course not! That's the whole idea is to make them invisible! The engine and wheels should be the focal point.

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-blackout.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013 | 03:47 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Have you considered that evil looking necelle, it is even showing on RSD bikes now

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!