Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013 | 03:22 AM
khui
Road Master

wow! the breakouts are nice bikes! congrats to you guys who got one!

Old 04-22-2013 | 05:19 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jrose43
knock the centers out of the stock pipes for now. thats what in doing to my breakout next week after hd does the 1k service till there is more of a selection of pipes for it
I ended up ordering some Rush Slip-ons to get me by for the year, then this next winter I can do fuel/exhaust/intake.

Old 04-22-2013 | 05:20 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HRCH
Is it just me or does the Breakout's horn seem like its not loud enough? Maybe it's just me. My 2012 Dyna had a stock cowbell type horn and it was loud. My wife's Sportster horn was also too quite. I replaced her horn with a side mounted cowbell style horn. It's loud now. I wonder if I could do the same with Breakout? I noticed the CVO Breakout had a side mounted horn set up. Now, on the non cvo Breakout the ignition switch is located on the left side. Will a side mount horn still fit there?
It's pretty darn quiet. I had wired up an airhorn to my step-fathers 09 SG so I may do the same thing to my Breakout if I can find a good location for it (since the ignition is where the horn usually is on a non-cvo Breakout)

Old 04-22-2013 | 08:54 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default more on using the quarter fairing for breakout

I have used this small handlebar bag on several of my Softails. It fits between windshield and risers and between brackets and holds all my raingear plus a little more! It works really nice behind the quarter fairing. the longer 17 inch bar bag is perfect for weekend trips and also mounts on the bars!
My windshield bag is about 6 years old and has seen 60,000 miles plus in a LOT of really bad weather but with a little care holds up nice!

http://www.saracenibags.com/

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-windshield-bag.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013 | 12:13 PM
want1
Stage III

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Good lookin scoot. I see no reason for major mods, but that's just me. haha.

Diggin the drag bars and the rear profile of the bike.
I keep bouncing back and forth between wanting a softail slim or a breakout. How do you like yours? what are your thoughts? I'd be trading in a Sportster I've had for a year, so either way it's a hell of an upgrade.

Old 04-22-2013 | 12:27 PM
want1
Stage III

I'm on the same boat. Setting some money aside to get one in August (for Sturgis I also found out that since I bought my sportster new, when I go in to trade it for a new bigger bike they'll give me full MSRP of the sportster for it. Which is really cool and will bring the Breakout price down to where the wife won't be so pissed

Old 04-22-2013 | 02:13 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by want1
I'm on the same boat. Setting some money aside to get one in August (for Sturgis I also found out that since I bought my sportster new, when I go in to trade it for a new bigger bike they'll give me full MSRP of the sportster for it. Which is really cool and will bring the Breakout price down to where the wife won't be so pissed
That's really nice that HD will give what you paid for your Sportster. It's really good for people who are starting off and then moves up to a bigger bike. Is the plan only for the Sportster?

Old 04-22-2013 | 08:05 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default The horn

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
It's pretty darn quiet. I had wired up an airhorn to my step-fathers 09 SG so I may do the same thing to my Breakout if I can find a good location for it (since the ignition is where the horn usually is on a non-cvo Breakout)
The non CVO horn is pretty pathetic sounding! I do like the 'gernaid' ignition and its location. I powdercoater the stock horn over black so it blends in. chrome just didn't make it for me. I guess you could consider replacing it with the traditional cow bell style in the front. He rake would certainly permit it. I would have to try one before I could decide. A simple one bolt two quick disconnect wires so borrowing one to try out would not be too difficult. If I get a chance I will try it and post a picture

Old 05-07-2013 | 12:39 AM
gintree0
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
Why do I get this when I try to click on your (or anyone else's) pictures?

Have you paid for a subscription to HDforums? I was getting that same message until I went in and bought the $14.95 subscription. Now I can see everything. Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2013 | 02:32 AM
bill in okc
Advanced

I finally went to the dealership to see a Breakout in person. They didn't have any standards but had one CVO and it was already sold. It was a chrome/black one and it was beautiful. I was stunned - so much better than the pics - and it looks darn good in the pics. Somebody is getting a beautiful bike.

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!