Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013 | 12:02 PM
PHC1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I had been obsessing over the Breakout since HD Showed off the CVO Version last year. Saturday I saw that HD Had released a non cvo model so yesterday I went to check it out and ended up trading in for one :-D.
Congrats on your new ride! I'm waiting for a Breakout to show up at the dealer so I can test ride it (I have a deposit on it). It will also be Big Blue as that was the next one to be delivered to them. It seems in some parts of the country it's not easy to get one... Does the paint have a lot of sparkle in the sun?

The pic from the first ride review in cycle world looks like it does... Color is a personal thing of course but that may not be my thing then.

Last edited by PHC1; 04-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2013 | 02:54 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

"The pic from the first ride review in cycle world looks like it does... Color is a personal thing of course but that may not be my thing then."

My dealer has the Big Blue Pearl Breakout in stock. Yes, the blue does sparkle, and I bet more so in the sun. It does look cool. My black Breakout will show every little fine scratch. I have to keep a bottle of swirl remover handy at all times. (swirl remover is easy on the paint unlike a scratch remover which seems to be pretty hard on paint)

Old 04-17-2013 | 03:16 PM
PHC1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HRCH
"The pic from the first ride review in cycle world looks like it does... Color is a personal thing of course but that may not be my thing then."

My dealer has the Big Blue Pearl Breakout in stock. Yes, the blue does sparkle, and I bet more so in the sun. It does look cool. My black Breakout will show every little fine scratch. I have to keep a bottle of swirl remover handy at all times. (swirl remover is easy on the paint unlike a scratch remover which seems to be pretty hard on paint)
Black is always a PIA.. I happen to like the matt finish of black denim (not offered on the breakout), no swirl marks to worry about but that paint without the clear coat can also scratch and there is no way to polish it...

I'll have to take a look at the Big Blue when it comes in outside in the daylight but I doubt it will change my mind. I've never been a pearl/sparkle kind of a guy. I'm hoping there is a black Breakout coming in soon as well. Tired of waiting, I want to ride, not wait...

Old 04-17-2013 | 05:46 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Back in black

Can't leave a good thing alone! Had to change it and make it mine!

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013 | 05:47 PM
PHC1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xwino
I like it! Enjoy your new ride.

Old 04-17-2013 | 07:18 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PHC1

So the BO is a girl's bike? Does that replace the Luxe then for the girls?

Just messin! The BO is a fantastic looking bike. Probably the best lookin' new model in a while.

Old 04-17-2013 | 11:30 PM
PHC1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
So the BO is a girl's bike? Does that replace the Luxe then for the girls?

Just messin! The BO is a fantastic looking bike. Probably the best lookin' new model in a while.
She sure looks comfortable on it....

Old 04-18-2013 | 12:37 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

xwino got any more pics?
sweet scoot

Old 04-18-2013 | 07:01 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I actually prefer leaning forward (into the wind) a little bit. Hands don't get as tired on long rides, gripping against all the wind pressure.
How tall are you? I'm only 5' 10 and I find with the lean on the stock bars it is actually causing extra pressure on my hands, because some of my bodyweight is pushing my palms on to the bars.

Old 04-18-2013 | 07:03 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xwino
Why can't I view images people share? (noob question I know, sorry)

It just says I don't have access.

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!