Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013 | 10:09 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by xwino
outside 1.75 inches. standard 1/2 thread replacement bolts (I inch longer)
there is no 'inside measurement. They stack like round building blocks on each other,
Two man job: Remove bolts (use a 'cheater bar' to break the Lock-Tite.) One lifts and holds bars while the second slides spacers in place and replaces with longer bolts.
You gain both an inch in height and because of aggressive rake an addition inch closer reach.
INMHO perfect as it maintains look and style but makes longer trips more tolerable and changes nothings as far as bars, wiring, handling!
Perfect! I've got a machine shop here cutting me spacers out of scrap aluminum round stock and that should save me a few $$$. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2013 | 08:50 PM
rcrane
Advanced

What was the part# for the Rush slip ons

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I ended up ordering some Rush Slip-ons to get me by for the year, then this next winter I can do fuel/exhaust/intake.

Old 06-24-2013 | 12:12 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by jackjr
Perfect! I've got a machine shop here cutting me spacers out of scrap aluminum round stock and that should save me a few $$$. Thanks!
Have them cut two, I'll buy a set if they give you a good price

Old 07-16-2013 | 04:29 PM
RaceGirl00
Novice
Default Enough pull back for a female?

Xwino, thank you so much for posting this. As a female I do find some days it is uncomfortable to reach for the bars. I've been in search for spacers, as a female being 5'4" do you think 1inch will be enough of a pullback for me??

Thanks!

Originally Posted by xwino
Here is an easy solution for Breakout owners who are uncomfortable in the clamshell bending forward position:
I had Spacer Jim make these custom for me but I am sure when he will make (and sell) a ton of these to Breakout owners! They are a one inch riser spacers. It brings the bars up an inch and because of the angle also back about 3/4 of an inch for a more convention straight up position.
A two man job to install but just a matter of removing bolts, sliding spacers in place and replacing with longer bolts...which Jim also supplies!
He made them out of aluminum and when I get a week of bad weather I will probably chrome them but for now I just wanted to ride!
http://www.spacerjim.com/

Old 07-16-2013 | 08:36 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced

Originally Posted by RaceGirl00
Xwino, thank you so much for posting this. As a female I do find some days it is uncomfortable to reach for the bars. I've been in search for spacers, as a female being 5'4" do you think 1inch will be enough of a pullback for me??

Thanks!
I had him make some 1.5" spacers for me. As soon as I get the bike back from the shop I will install and see if new cables will be required

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-imag1783.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013 | 09:30 PM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chaparro78
I had him make some 1.5" spacers for me. As soon as I get the bike back from the shop I will install and see if new cables will be required
Can't wait for this info!

I want to order a set but want to make sure they will fit without cables first.

Old 07-17-2013 | 02:18 PM
BanzaiBoy
Novice

I just brought my breakout too. Best decision I ever made this year. there is nothing about it I dont like and it kinda turns every trip into a mini adventure. I wish Id discovered this world a long time ago! Have fun on that machine dude. Its awesome.

Old 07-18-2013 | 05:24 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced
Default 1.5" Spacers Installed

Before and after pics. Big difference in ride for myself.

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-dsc00080.jpg   Another Breakout Owner!-dsc00084.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013 | 06:53 PM
cornholio
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chaparro78
Before and after pics. Big difference in ride for myself.
Can you measure the original bolt length for me? That way I can add 1 1/2" to the length and buy new ones when I make my own spacers. Do you know what thread size and pitch the bolts are?
thanks

Last edited by cornholio; 07-18-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2013 | 08:29 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced

Originally Posted by cornholio
Can you measure the original bolt length for me? That way I can add 1 1/2" to the length and buy new ones when I make my own spacers. Do you know what thread size and pitch the bolts are?
thanks
3" bolt. 6 sided head - 3/4 socket

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!