Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013 | 08:40 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by xwino
Powder coated rails, brake pedal etc. Custom Dynamic LED lights
Some 12" or 14" TBars would look sweet on there!

But, still nice looking scoot!

Old 06-09-2013 | 09:27 PM
Bwensel
2nd Gear

Looking at a VH 2-2 and screaming eagle heavy breather. Any suggestions on having harley dealer do the download or is it worth buying the gear to do it myself? Bought my red breakout last month, love it.

Old 06-10-2013 | 01:06 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Thoughts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Some 12" or 14" TBars would look sweet on there!

But, still nice looking scoot!
I would add some T bars but would need to still use speedo and top clamp. I am giving it thought and have built many bikes. The adage "custom means custom" comes to mind and I am guessing I will have to fabricate something to make it work

Old 06-10-2013 | 01:08 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Smile Red and black

Originally Posted by NativeTexican
I was at dealer yesterday and checked out a Red Breakout for close to an hour. I think I will be on one in the near future but I am waiting to check out the new Indians in a few months.

Probably going to contact the dealer this week and see what kind of deal. They can offer on a Breakout with fender supports, front end, primary and rear signals blacked out.
I think the red and black will be an awesome look! But I am a Georgia Bulldog fan! Make sure you post pictures!

Old 06-10-2013 | 01:17 AM
Xube
Road Warrior

I rode 700 miles this weekend. Took off quarter fairing, snapped on the windshield. Strapped a handlebar bag (Saraceni) and a gel seat pad. My next mode is elevating the risers an inch which will also bring the bars back about 1/2 inch.
Next trip will be 2000 miles next month
I like the pipes. Great looking ride!

Old 06-14-2013 | 09:48 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default The best Mod so far!

Here is an easy solution for Breakout owners who are uncomfortable in the clamshell bending forward position:
I had Spacer Jim make these custom for me but I am sure when he will make (and sell) a ton of these to Breakout owners! They are a one inch riser spacers. It brings the bars up an inch and because of the angle also back about 3/4 of an inch for a more convention straight up position.
A two man job to install but just a matter of removing bolts, sliding spacers in place and replacing with longer bolts...which Jim also supplies!
He made them out of aluminum and when I get a week of bad weather I will probably chrome them but for now I just wanted to ride!
http://www.spacerjim.com/

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-photo.jpg  
Old 06-14-2013 | 04:42 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced

Quarter fairing with Bungking adapters and quick release detachable locks. Screamin' Eagle intake, Vance and Hines 2:1 exhaust. Powdercoated fender rails, horn, brake pedal and several other items black. Custom Dynamics LED lighting. HD chin spoiler and flush gas cap.

This weekend I am riding to Memphis. I will remove the quarter fairing and use a detachable windshield. I will use a gel pad on seat and the T-Bags Falcon over the saddle bag to carry stuff. (Takes about three minutes to change.) The nice part about the over saddle bag is it pushes you forward in the seat about an inch, for a more conventional long distance posture and provides a 10 inch back support. I will post pictures next week when I get back!
What model quarter fairing is it for?

Old 06-15-2013 | 01:20 AM
AGGIE2013
Advanced

Here is an easy solution for Breakout owners who are uncomfortable in the clamshell bending forward position:
I had Spacer Jim make these custom for me but I am sure when he will make (and sell) a ton of these to Breakout owners! They are a one inch riser spacers. It brings the bars up an inch and because of the angle also back about 3/4 of an inch for a more convention straight up position.
A two man job to install but just a matter of removing bolts, sliding spacers in place and replacing with longer bolts...which Jim also supplies!
He made them out of aluminum and when I get a week of bad weather I will probably chrome them but for now I just wanted to ride!
Thanks for the heads up. btw, did it have an effect on your cables or anything? Also, about how much did it run for you? Id be pretty interested just trying to see if its worth doing. Do you have other pics of how it looks like from further away? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-15-2013 | 05:28 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Just out of curiosity, what were the dimensions of the spacer you had him make up for you? (OD, ID, height)

Old 06-18-2013 | 09:19 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Measurements

outside 1.75 inches. standard 1/2 thread replacement bolts (I inch longer)
there is no 'inside measurement. They stack like round building blocks on each other,
Two man job: Remove bolts (use a 'cheater bar' to break the Lock-Tite.) One lifts and holds bars while the second slides spacers in place and replaces with longer bolts.
You gain both an inch in height and because of aggressive rake an addition inch closer reach.
INMHO perfect as it maintains look and style but makes longer trips more tolerable and changes nothings as far as bars, wiring, handling!

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!