Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 03:08 PM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

ok, I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the 2-1 big radius. Really wanted it in black, but doesn't seem like that's an option. Going to get the one for the rocker c per suggestions. VH part # 28015

Old 05-31-2013 | 03:10 PM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

Also, for those of you who are running the power commander v ... where did you wind up putting the unit on the bike? The instructions that come with it are for a standard softail that has the ECU under the seat.
The breakout has it in front of the rear tire (making it a pain in the ***).

Old 06-02-2013 | 05:58 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Eric03Cobra
Also, for those of you who are running the power commander v ... where did you wind up putting the unit on the bike? The instructions that come with it are for a standard softail that has the ECU under the seat.
The breakout has it in front of the rear tire (making it a pain in the ***).
Good luck trying to get access to your ecu to plug in your Power Commander on your Breakout. That's why I ended up coughing up the extra cash for the Power Vision. There just isn't any room to mount a piggy back fuel calibration system on the Breakout. It all worked out though, I bought the extra licence to use the Power Vision on my wife's Sportster.

Old 06-03-2013 | 01:30 PM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

After messing with the PC V, and realizing what a pain it would be to get to it if anything ever went wrong, I sent it back and got the Power Vision. Love it!

Last edited by Eric03Cobra; 07-08-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-03-2013 | 01:31 PM
streibcasa
Stage I

Originally Posted by m i k e
xwino got any more pics?
sweet scoot

Liking the fairing. Who makes it?

Old 06-03-2013 | 10:24 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Eric03Cobra
I took everything off the back and managed to get it routed in such a way that it all looks "stock".
The PCV module itself sits next to the battery with the access port in an easily accessible position.
Once routed down and through the rest of the wiring harness, I had no issues plugging it into the ECU. I also have the optional security siren and it doesn't get in the way at all.
I first thought about getting a Power Commander for my Breakout. I went for the Power Vision instead. Big reason was because I didn't want to go through all that work. Plus, lets just say the Power Commander fails while Im out riding and I had to disconnect it to get the bike running I wouldn't be able to do it on the side of the road. Plus, I knew I had to get a programmer for my wife's sportster and with the Power vision dual license option I was able to program her bike too.

I'm glad though though that you got it to work. Now other members here will know it can be done.

Old 06-03-2013 | 11:00 PM
Cody_hop
6th Gear

aweomse ride! i came close to getting the breakout but i opted for the streetbob instead. congrats on the new bike btw!!

Old 06-04-2013 | 04:51 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cody_hop
aweomse ride! i came close to getting the breakout but i opted for the streetbob instead. congrats on the new bike btw!!
You too! It's hard picking a bike!!

Part of me still keeps eyeing the RK but I love the Breakout. Damn idea of wanting storage gets me from time to time though

Old 06-04-2013 | 11:12 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
He pmed me back, that is how it comes stock in Canada due to regulations so it looks like we will have to do some more research ourselves.

I can picture that plate setup with the smoked middle tail light looking pretty stellar.
Was at my dealer today. They had the new parts book and that plate mount is listed. List price is $110

Old 06-05-2013 | 07:09 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default Quarter fairing

Originally Posted by streibcasa
Liking the fairing. Who makes it?
It's the fairing made by Harley. Adapters from BungKing for 49 mm forks. Quick detachable attachments (with a locking one) comes on and off in seconds. Takes the "kite effect" off upper torso but still allows wind in face for around town riding. I snap on a windshield for long distance trips and will attach a pic

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!