Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013 | 10:14 AM
willrx1
Novice

Nice!! Were there any issues with mounting the 2 into 1 pipe? Which model did you order?
Thanks again for posting.

Old 05-22-2013 | 02:03 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Cool 2:1 pipe

"Nice!! Were there any issues with mounting the 2 into 1 pipe? Which model did you order?"

I used a new 2010 part for a Rocker but experimented to find the right O2 adapters:

1800-1476 18001476 779.99 Exhaust Propipe
1861-0594 18610594 21.95Drag O2 sensor 2010 FL
1861-0793 95.95 baffle quiet pro pipe

I used the quiet baffles. It is probably too quiet for many but I am a disabled Vet with pretty good hearing loss who rides in a big pack and trying to hang on to what remaining hearing I have left. Besides believe the trade off for more noise is loss of power.

I do like that it runs parallel with the ground accented by the chin spoiler but sits higher (happenstance) for additional clearance so as not to scrape the ground on a lowered bike

I think the Breakout much like the Street Glide (Harleys current biggest seller) is a "blank slate" and the easiest Softail to change and make your own reflected by the fact it was the first CVO created and made into a production model.

I like mine but also really appreciate the direction some others who have posted here are taking with theirs!

Old 05-22-2013 | 02:12 PM
xwino
Cruiser
Default stage 1 air kit

Originally Posted by AGGIE2013
This is what I've done to mine so far. Pipes + stage 1 air kit and Power vision from Fuelmoto. I very happy with the results. a 180 since I took her out of the dealership.
Your choice for the intake looks good with the wheels!

Old 05-22-2013 | 04:46 PM
behemoth421
6th Gear

XWINO I am going to have to get a new laptop if you keep posting pictures of your "BLACKOUT". I am drooling all over it.
that bike is absolutely beautiful brother!!!

Old 05-22-2013 | 07:29 PM
AGGIE2013
Advanced

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. I was gonna ask you since you have a breakout. Does your right throttle cable rub on your tank when its turned all the way to the right? I've noticed it on mine, just seeing if this is the same issue for everyone.
I'm thinking of blackening out the fender rails as well. How much did it run you?

Old 05-23-2013 | 07:02 AM
texaszman
Advanced
Default Custom Dynamics Rear red LED works on Breakout?

Question: Custom Dynamics told me the GEN200-R-1157 LED does NOT work as brake-run-turn on the CVO or stock Breakout rear. However even they seemed confused. So it does for sure work on yours? Bought it anyway to try on mine as replacement light. They also said a load balancer is NOT needed on the Breakout. Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by xwino
Great investment! They are plug and play. They pop right in just like the original lightbulb with the same turn lock. The covers are now smoked not red and orange. The front run white and provide a great deal of peripheral road lighting at night! They turn orange (as in picture) when turning. The rear run red for running lights but are three times as bright as stock when the brakes are applied. If you do not have security system there is no need for load equalizer. I am guessing if you have a CVO with security you may need one to compensate because LEDS have a lower amp draw.

Old 05-23-2013 | 10:22 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default blackout breakout

Originally Posted by AGGIE2013
Thanks a lot I appreciate it. I was gonna ask you since you have a breakout. Does your right throttle cable rub on your tank when its turned all the way to the right? I've noticed it on mine, just seeing if this is the same issue for everyone.
I'm thinking of blackening out the fender rails as well. How much did it run you?
I would research your area and see who is the best powder-coater. The best are not always the cheapest but powder coating is really a cool way to go! I have one I use here in Chattanooga that makes it look like glass! Poorly done it has an orange peel appearance. I did the fender rails, rear turn signal buckets, horn cover and misc. bolts for a hundred dollars, I did all the work myself (except for electrical reconnect, which takes about three seconds with the right tool. I left that to the pros)
The rear fender is essentially four bolts (two on each side) closest to the engine. the entire fender and attached rails then come off together. You use a small screw driver to pry tab and disconnect wiring boxes. No need to cut any wires!!!!!!! The fender on the breakout does not have an electrical box attached like other Softails. It does have inside the fender bolts which are unique. The small turn signal wire connection will pass through the hole of the fender itself but not the rail, This is what I had someone else disconnect and re-connect.
It's a fair amount of work and if you let your shop do it they will likely charge you the standard HD (Hundred dollars.) They will also be responsible for any scratches or dings and absorb a lot of fear and apprehension so depending on your skill set and anxiety factor you might want to part out.

I think the Breakout is the perfect modern day Nightrain successor! I think Red and Black (I am Georgia Bulldog fan) would look awesome. I think "Black and Blue" is always a tough look. with the frame and oil bag both black, minimizing the chrome and accentuating the black (in my opinion) makes the engine the center focus as it should be!
Post pictures and good luck!

Old 05-23-2013 | 10:48 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

I'm going with Blue + Chrome with a hint of black personally. Blacked out isn't my thing but I still dig your bike

Old 05-23-2013 | 12:08 PM
xwino
Cruiser

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I'm going with Blue + Chrome with a hint of black personally. Blacked out isn't my thing but I still dig your bike
S'cool! It's great to find your own direction! I can remember way back before Harleys were cool and heard comments like. "I hate all Harleys! they leak oil and break down!" I can almost remember riding three months and never passing another Harley. When you did you did the wave as a sign of respect for someone else paying their dues. I can also remember hearing Harley riders saying, "I don't like the FXR! it looks too much like a Jap bike!" or "I don't care for the look of the Nightrain!" or "Dynas are the only way to go!"
Do you own thing! Eventually the crowd will catch up with where you are at but hopefully you will still be independently somewhere out there else!
I think the Breakout is almost a class of its own. It doesn't fit in the Softail, Dyna or Bagger niche.
even after many years of riding I am finding it has a significant "grin factor."

Old 05-30-2013 | 01:29 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I was having some work done on my bike yesterday and was looking at the bikes and they have a black Breakout. Long story short, they offered $14,000 for my Blackline and my payments would go up $60 a month, which was down from $150 when we first talked.

The bad part is, it has nothing on it like what I've done on my bike...alarm system, sissy bar, LED lights, saddlebag...so I was losing more than I would gain for a trade. And I honestly don't have $60 a month for it.

So close but so far.
Man, I would have sworn you would have got one by now. Fortunately I didn't have too much in my Dyna Wide Glide so trading it in for a Breakout was painless. I managed to take off 90% of all the extras I had on my Dyna and sold it all on craigslist. My payments went down by $1. Of course I had to put some money down. No regrets. (even though the fuel pump on my Breakout just decided to start grinding away. But that's another story)

Last edited by HRCH; 05-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!