Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013 | 07:59 AM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I also sent you a pm about your rear mount license plate setup, I like that a lot.
Don't keep that info to yourself. Share with the rest of us. I am digging that plate a little better than the side mount.

Old 05-19-2013 | 09:36 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nbdzhro
Don't keep that info to yourself. Share with the rest of us. I am digging that plate a little better than the side mount.
He pmed me back, that is how it comes stock in Canada due to regulations so it looks like we will have to do some more research ourselves.

I can picture that plate setup with the smoked middle tail light looking pretty stellar.

Old 05-19-2013 | 09:50 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I was having some work done on my bike yesterday and was looking at the bikes and they have a black Breakout. Long story short, they offered $14,000 for my Blackline and my payments would go up $60 a month, which was down from $150 when we first talked.

The bad part is, it has nothing on it like what I've done on my bike...alarm system, sissy bar, LED lights, saddlebag...so I was losing more than I would gain for a trade. And I honestly don't have $60 a month for it.

So close but so far.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2013 | 11:41 AM
DarkRock
Advanced

honostly been out of the loop for a while with new models..that thing is pretty bad ***...kinda looks like a rocker with a diffrnt set up...i actually really like the wheels...hmmm

Old 05-19-2013 | 12:37 PM
Jd440
6th Gear

congrats on the new bike!! looks awesome

Old 05-20-2013 | 10:15 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I was haven't some work done on my bike yesterday and was looking at the bikes and they have a black Breakout. Long story short, they offered $14,000 for my Blackline and my payments would go up $60 a month, which was down from $150 when we first talked.

The bad part is, it has nothing on it like what I've done on my bike...alarm system, sissy bar, LED lights, saddlebag...so I was losing more than I would gain for a trade. And I honestly don't have $60 a month for it.

So close but so far.
I can understand that. I had a lot done to my Fury and side by side I almost liked the looks of my fury (upgraded) better than the breakout stock. Likewise my payment went up $50 a month (plus an extra couple years). I pictured what the Breakout will be, not what it is . Not to mention it being HD/103/6spd/etc/etc/etc.. over the Fury was a bit different for me.

Last edited by crawlgsx; 05-20-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-20-2013 | 02:31 PM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AGGIE2013
This is what I've done to mine so far. Pipes + stage 1 air kit and Power vision from Fuelmoto. I very happy with the results. a 180 since I took her out of the dealership.
Aggie,
Which system did you go with? Is that the V&H Big Radius 2-1?
Did you have any fitment issues / anything you had to modify to get it to fit?

I want that same system (only in black). Talked to V&H today and they said it would not fit.

They started talking about all the stuff being different on the Breakout vs any other ST.

I've seen a few pics of folks with the 2 into 1, but haven't been able to find out if they had any fitment issues with them or not.

Old 05-20-2013 | 07:33 PM
AGGIE2013
Advanced

Eric, I went the V&H 2 into 1 pipes that were for the rocker c and used bassani o2 reducers and it fit just fine. I've read that some guys here used the ones for the softail and say it fit fine. I was gonna get the black ones again (had them on my dyna) but i felt the chrome was look better so I opted for those. The only really issue is relocating the o2 sensor but its not biggie. The difference is the o2 are at an angle and would not go all the way through, but with the bassani reducers, they went in just fine and are reading well.
holler if you have any other questions.

Old 05-21-2013 | 09:15 PM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

Thanks for the info

Old 05-22-2013 | 10:01 AM
xwino
Cruiser
Default changes made so far

Quarter fairing with Bungking adapters and quick release detachable locks. Screamin' Eagle intake, Vance and Hines 2:1 exhaust. Powdercoated fender rails, horn, brake pedal and several other items black. Custom Dynamics LED lighting. HD chin spoiler and flush gas cap.

This weekend I am riding to Memphis. I will remove the quarter fairing and use a detachable windshield. I will use a gel pad on seat and the T-Bags Falcon over the saddle bag to carry stuff. (Takes about three minutes to change.) The nice part about the over saddle bag is it pushes you forward in the seat about an inch, for a more conventional long distance posture and provides a 10 inch back support. I will post pictures next week when I get back!

Attached Thumbnails Another Breakout Owner!-please-step-down.jpg  

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!