Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Breakout Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013 | 12:11 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

I am a new Breakout owner as well .... Just drove her home from the dealer today ... Red sunglo ... Love the bike so far .. I was always interested in the Rocker but it would have to have had the heartland kit to make it to what I wanted ... And holding out paid off as this is what the Rocker should have looked like imo.....

Old 05-17-2013 | 12:53 AM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

Hi guys ... New to the forum, First time HD owner (always been a metric sport bike guy), even though my buddies always had HDs.
I picked up my Breakout Monday night. Now, like everyone else, I'm on the quest to find the right pipes, A/C, and FI tune mechanism.
Love the brotherhood over hear and the willingness to help and share.

Old 05-17-2013 | 03:37 AM
HellsHavoc
2nd Gear

I love my breakout

V-H Big Radius 2-2, SE Heavy Breather in black, Harley Alarm with siren, Harley Tuner with SE Stage 1 flash and Dyno. Best purchase ever.

Old 05-17-2013 | 05:08 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Nice! love seeing all the new Breakout owners jumping in

Congratz to you guys and welcome to the club!

I personally went with Rush Slipons due to bang/buck factor. $270 shipped and no more cat and it sounds like a Harley now!

I think I am going to go cheap this year and just put on the XIED fuel adjuster and the Vance and Hines V02 kit (proven pretty good air flow increase, uses stock air cover). (~$250 for both) then later on I will go with a full exhaust, cams, and an actual fuel controller.

Hells I love those V&H 2-2, looks amazing.

Old 05-17-2013 | 06:30 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

Chris , I take it you are in the U.S? Where did you order the Rush slip ons from ? Also , did you have to do anything else to the bike like re mapping with the slip ons or just the exhaust ?? I want just a little more sound to remind me what I am riding .... Thanks

Old 05-17-2013 | 07:08 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

I saw my new Breakout for the first time today. Even got to ride around the parking lot for a few. The local dealer has a blue one, and a hideous gold colored CVO model on the floor. My understanding was that when mine (Sunglo Red) rolled off the truck (they traded a black one for it to another dealer) that people started drooling over it and they had to take it downstairs and put it away for me. Did the deal this afternoon, will finish it all up tomorrow hopefully. Just gotta wait on the new VH pipes to come in, new A/C, and the ecm flash - and I'll be a happy camper!

Old 05-17-2013 | 07:23 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

The red sun glo is an amazing color both in the sunlight and the shade ... I love mine .. what Vance and Hines did you go with ? I have been wanting to do just slip ons and the VH twin slash look to possibly be the ones .. Just having a hard time finding any here in Canada ..

Old 05-17-2013 | 07:48 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeffbeckett1970
The red sun glo is an amazing color both in the sunlight and the shade ... I love mine .. what Vance and Hines did you go with ? I have been wanting to do just slip ons and the VH twin slash look to possibly be the ones .. Just having a hard time finding any here in Canada ..
They ordered me a set of VH chrome 2x2's. I had a set of them on my Dyna before, and loved the look and sound. Can't wait to see and hear them on the new breakout..

Old 05-18-2013 | 11:09 PM
AGGIE2013
Advanced

This is what I've done to mine so far. Pipes + stage 1 air kit and Power vision from Fuelmoto. I very happy with the results. a 180 since I took her out of the dealership.

Old 05-19-2013 | 07:01 AM
crawlgsx
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeffbeckett1970
Chris , I take it you are in the U.S? Where did you order the Rush slip ons from ? Also , did you have to do anything else to the bike like re mapping with the slip ons or just the exhaust ?? I want just a little more sound to remind me what I am riding .... Thanks
Just search Ebay for 25301-175 (assuming you also want 1.75" baffles) and sort by lowest price first and check Buy it now.

I didn't do anything else yet. Quite a bit of popping on Decel though so I do plan on doing a remap or maybe try the XIED at some point soon-ish. I'll take the popping over the complete lack of sound though!

I also sent you a pm about your rear mount license plate setup, I like that a lot.

Last edited by crawlgsx; 05-19-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Another Breakout Owner!