Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013 | 08:42 PM
C908
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
I also have a 2013 softail heritage and I am coming off a ultra limited. I ordered mine with wheel option, ABS and security, and color option. It is the bike you see in my sig. I personally would not buy a bike with out ABS if it were an option. Can't wait to see pics and good luck
I've got to ask you, how is that working out for you coming off an Ultra ? I have an Ultra Classic and may consider downsizing in a few years.

Old 04-09-2013 | 08:54 PM
Bigman405
Road Master

I have it on my 2011 deluxe. I had to stop suddenly, they worked great. I suggest anyone buying a bike, have one installed.

Old 04-09-2013 | 09:50 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by C908
I've got to ask you, how is that working out for you coming off an Ultra ? I have an Ultra Classic and may consider downsizing in a few years.
I always wanted a heritage but my wife wanted the ultra limited because she enjoyed riding with me so that's what we got. It was comfortable and great on the freeway but it was really cumbersome in the city and I just wasn't having fun on it. I am sure it is great for some but not for me. My wife didn't want to ride with me as much as she thought she would and she noticed I didn't really enjoy the ultra so we agreed I could trade it in on the softail. I absolutely love the softail. I love the riding "in" the bike feeling, the smooth counterbalanced engine, the clean lines, being able to take off the bags and windshield for boulevard cruiser look, nimble feeling because it weighs less and the weight is carried down low, and just the pure classic look of the softails. I personally don't believe in trading up or down just getting what you want and feel comfortable riding.

Old 04-10-2013 | 10:12 AM
C908
Road Warrior

I appreciate the feedback, I to find the Ultra to be a big bike for around town riding. Since my wife doesn't ride I removed the tour pack after 2 years. I installed a low profile C & C seat this made the bike feel a lot better to me. In June I will be taking my first long road trip since I made the changes.I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and 58 years old. I'm starting to think about what direction I want to go when I feel it's time to make a change. I just can't make myself like the looks of a trike so I started thinking about a heritage. When the local dealer has demo days I plan on trying both. I'm still in pretty good health so I'm not in a position where I have to make a change at this time, just thinking ahead.

Old 04-10-2013 | 10:21 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by C908
I appreciate the feedback, I to find the Ultra to be a big bike for around town riding. Since my wife doesn't ride I removed the tour pack after 2 years. I installed a low profile C & C seat this made the bike feel a lot better to me. In June I will be taking my first long road trip since I made the changes.I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and 58 years old. I'm starting to think about what direction I want to go when I feel it's time to make a change. I just can't make myself like the looks of a trike so I started thinking about a heritage. When the local dealer has demo days I plan on trying both. I'm still in pretty good health so I'm not in a position where I have to make a change at this time, just thinking ahead.
Yeah, it is good to have options and a open mind. Good luck with your decision and I hope you stop by and let us know what you thought of the heritage after your test ride.

Old 04-10-2013 | 10:27 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

Don't like abs on my cars, so figured i would hate it on a bike. Rented a bagger last fall for a trip, it was raining one night and wife didn't want to go out. So I took it out and tested the ABS, doing 45 on wet pavement slammed the rear brakes and could not get it to cross up.

Old 04-10-2013 | 01:32 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

I've locked the back up plenty of times but it just taught me to apply the breaks evenly, not to just mash them until I stop or skid into something.

I imagine if you're a rear brake'r and get ABS, you'll have a few emergency stops where you don't stop nearly as fast as you expect... until you learn to use both brakes evenly. I'd want some serious practice session with ABS first.