Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Harleysug
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 deluxe

I just recently purchased a 2013 deluxe but my feet still dont touch the ground like i would like, the seat is too wide in the front. Im looking at a mustang seat (sport vintage solo) but i was wandering if anybody else has this seat and if you have any pictures of a deluxe with this seat on. I dont want to order the seat and it dosent look good.I love this bike and the ride is great but i need a little more foot control on the ground. im only 5'4".

Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Consider a lowering bolt kit and the mustang wide tripper solo. The seat is narrower and lower to the frame yet still comfortable. Here's my setup...

Attachment 624407

Last edited by Knucky; 04-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Harleysug
Novice

that seat looks good . i realy dont want to lower the bike i think i just need a more narrow seat in front. like the apes

Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife has a Deluxe and the seat is a bit wide in the crotch area and narrowing it would definitely help with your leg reach. Have you considered just having the existing seat altered.

I've read good things about the work of Mean City Cycles. Check them out in the Sponsoring Vendor section and maybe ask them what they can do for you. Lot less expensive than a Mustang seat and you still get to keep that classic Deluxe seat rail.

Have you already tried wearing thicker soled boots.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
bigblock59
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i called mustang about the sport touring seat vs the vintage solo. i was told they are about the same seat and the only real difference is the style. the sport seat has a flat back area vs the vintage solo has more of a bucket type area. so i went with the vintage solo. i've included a pic of my bike with the mustang vintage solo with fender bib. i know it's not a deluxe but may give you an idea as to looks.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 deluxe-march2013-002123.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

The lowering bolt would be a easy start to getting it closer to the ground. Another easy, and often overlooked option is making your legs longer. I have boots with a 2" heel, and that allows me to get flat footed on my Ultra. As far as the seat goes you should be able to modify the stock seat to make it more narrow, but that may throw off the symmetry of the shiny studs on the seat trim.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Most who know me will not be surprised at this comment. The Shotgun shock would address that issue and any other you might have in the future. I have a heavily modified 2006 Deluxe and I have to put that into the top 2 or 3 favorite mods of mine on my bike. It's worth every single penny and as far as JD's service and warranties goes it's the best in the business. I also have a stock seat issue, not the same issue you are having, but I have opted to stay with the stock seat and have it altered rather than going with an aftermarket seat. I am going to have it shaved for a lower profile, gel inserts put in it and then done in black and white to match the bike plus those 2 colors will go well with my custom paint I am getting next winter. I just had open heart surgery and disability pay has cut into my winter mods funds and idea's so the seat may have to wait until I get back to work and build my funds back up but I am going to try my best to get it all done at once now while it's down. I just have to wait to see what the final damage is on my bill at the INDY's shop that is doing my bike for me. Knucky, I love the color of your bike. A chrome swing arm, not chrome cover's, and front lower tubes and that thing would POP like crazy in the sunlight or the street lights at night. Your bike and those colors has really screwed with my head and the plans and color's I had already picked out for my bike. I guess it's a good thing that is next winters mod rather than now. I have plenty of time to look and decide just exactly what I am going to do with it but that color has really caught my attention.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Harleysug
Novice

thanks everyone i never thought of haveing the seat shaved down i think i will try that before i buy a new one. again thanks for the input everyone.